I have two original sliding doors from main salon cabinets.

Previous topic - Next topic

abeuchat

I just changed the plastic sliding doors for plywood as one of them was broken.
As a result i have a couple of the original doors left over.
If you are interested let me know and you can have them for shipping and handling only or pick up if you live in the Seattle or Bellingham area.

Happy sailing

ABeuchat

Lexatola

Hello - I know this is an old post from last year, but thought I'd just check in case you still have these plastic doors.  I have a couple where the handle broke the black plexi.  I'm sure this is common. 

I'm also in the Seattle area.

Thanks!

Alex
Sea Glass #126
1986 MK1 Std Rig
Kingston, WA

Noah

Years ago I replaced mine with white Formica (two layers glued back to back for thickness.) worked great and looks good. Makes things brighter and appear more roomy down below. You might consider this.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

waughoo

Noah,

I see in this pic that your portlights appear to be the "new" version.  Did you replace them all?  I just did mine with the "new" style and they turned out great.  A big improvement.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Noah

Yes, I replaced them all several years ago. They work well. But, be careful of "false latching" them. Sometimes (particularly the hard to reach ones over the dinette table). You might think they are latched when they are not—just the latch snapped shut without engaging the frame. The old-style ones, with all their failures were easier to secure. 
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

waughoo

Yes... I have noticed the potential for false latching.  I have one with a particularly stiff seal that sometimes does this on the first try.

I appreciate the uninterrupted glazing.  The old ones with the screws and latch buttons were not is slick looking from the outside as these are.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte