Windlass in the double door anchor locker

Previous topic - Next topic

sailingdolphin

I would like to see some pictures of what you did as well.  It sounds excellent!

I don't want to put the windlass in front of the anchor locker because I wan't to build that in with double teak slatted doors for storage.

Ken Juul

I have a single anchor locker door, with a horizontal windlass.  The motor is located inside the cabin with just the windlass head projecting into the anchor well.  Works great and is not in the way poking through the deck.  Not sure if this is applicable to double door models but would be happy to provide pictures.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

rwilkinsii

Ken

Can you take some pic's of that setup?? That is really what I'm after. I do have the double doors and don't see how it would be a problem.

Thanks

You can email them to me at rwilkinsii@yahoo.com

Rich Wilkins
Houston Tx
86 c34
S/V Lil Tiger
Geaux Tigers!!

Stu Jackson

FOR THOSE WHO WANT PICTURES

Mark Elkin, our associate webmaster for PROJECTS, has replied above.

If any of you have pictures of your work, please send them to Mark and he will post them on the Projects section of the 'site for everyone.

Thanks,

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ken Juul

Writing from work, my home lap top died last night.  If I can get it fixed I'll take some digital pictures for you.  If not it will be a couple weeks before I finish the roll of film in the normal camera.  I'll send them to Mark Elkin also.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Ken Juul

I wasn't able to get the pictures to post.  I sent them to Mark Elkin, hopefully he can either add them here or in the projects page.  I do not know if this is a standard set up or a custom modification.  I can't find any sign of modification to the fiberglass.  Assuming this is a standard locker layout at least for the single door wells. Access to the motor is by removing the plywood panel at the head of the Vee berth.  The black circle is a rubber covered switch to run the windlass. The windlass has a dedicated Circuit Breaker that was added to electrical panel, it is not a standard model that Catalina uses is my only hint that it was added by one of the previous owners.

[This message was edited by Ken & Vicki Juul   #1090  "Luna Loca" on October 20, 2003 at 10:39 AM.]
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

sailingdolphin

Ron,

Do you have any idea's for the pre-1989 owners?

Sounds like we would have to beef up the starboard side first.  What do you think about some starboard?