Selden GX-10 Asymmetrical Spinnaker Furler with Retractable Bowsprit

Previous topic - Next topic

Noah

After the rigger modified the wrap-stop fitting at the top of my Profurl genoa furler, to allow the top swivel of the spinnaker furler to "work", more freely, I think I finally have my Selden GX-10 furler and retractable bow sprit sorted and working. I had moved it to low on my list, after an earlier embarrassing deployment failure in my slip (thankfully no damage). And then an annoying months delay recovering from another hip surgery. However, this week, I sailed with a couple of fellow "old salts" for crew and put the system through its (and our paces) and it WORKS! Made several jibes and roll-ins and outs. Albeit, not as easy-peasy smooth as the promo video, but with practice and fine-tuning, it should be good! Soon, i will attempt to single-handing it—which was/is my original goal justifying purchase. That, and of course, the photo op! 8)  Single-handed, I may roll-up to jibe, depending how brave I feel.  I will post a follow-up when I get there.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Phil Spicer

Noah, looking good. Nice colors. Sure you will enjoy an afternoon flying your new colors.
Phil & Marsha,Sandusky Sailing Club. Steamboat is #789,tall/wing-Unv M25XP/Hurth ZF 50 trans.

waughoo

VERY nice!!  I want to see more about the retractable bow sprit.  I can't quite picture how one would fit.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte