Propane Hose Touches The Stove Bottom

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon W

FWIW -

My short boat trip got cancelled (for non boat related reasons), so I decided to do a thorough cleaning of the inside to burn off frustration. While cleaning under the stove I heard the propane hose rub on the bottom of the stove. I looked back there with a mirror and noticed when the stove is locked in the static/vertical position, the propane hose touches the bottom of the stove as it goes vertical to the fitting near the top of the stove. This is a safety issue to me, so I made an "L" shaped guide and velocroed it in place to give the hose a 1/2" gap.

Your boats may be different, but it's worth a look behind the bottom of the stove with a mirror.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

Ron Hill

Jon : Never paid any attention to the hose on the galley side of the bulkhead.  In the aft cabin side I did wrap some insulation around the hose so that it was protected from anything sharp in that bulkhead hole.   
I seldom have the stove in anything, but the locked position!!  We just don't cook (sailing) underway unless it's just to heat a "Cup of Soup" while motoring.

A thought

Ron, Apache #788

Jon W

Hi Ron, I hadn't paid attention to the hose on the galley side either. Just happened to notice when I was cleaning. Whether it's heat or chafe the hose shouldn't touch. Thought it would be a good idea to give everyone a heads up.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

Ron Hill

Ron, Apache #788