Engine compartment drain

Previous topic - Next topic

David Discenza

My 1993 34 does not have a drain from the engine compartment to the bilge. Has anyone on the forum installed one? I'd like to know if it can be done and how to do it.
CTYP12441293
"Irish Lady"

LogoFreak

There isn't supposed to be one there, you don't want to contaminate your bilge with oily residue. If you have water under the engine find the source and deal with that.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
1992 Catalina 34 Tall rig fin keel mk 1.5 "Polonaise"
Hull number 1179

Ron Hill

David : The early MKI C34 (at least thru 1989) have a drain hole on the FWD engine compartment pan.  It's about a 1/2" hole

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Jim Hardesty

Shamrock a MKll does have limber holes at the forward end of the engine pan.  When I first got her I spent some time cleaning and checking all the limber holes many were plugged with debris from construction.  I do keep the holes at the forward end of the engine pan taped over. 
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

waughoo

I get water in my engine pan due to the aft bilge not having a limber hole under the engine pan (i have looked... it isn't there).  I plan to add one at some point. 
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Bill Shreeves

My boat had a limber hole in the fwd compartment pan with a cork in it.  I replaced it with a transom plug and keep it in there all the time so I don't unknowingly contaminate the bilge.
The only thing that always works on an old boat is the owner...

Bill Shreeves
s/v "Begnnings" 1987 Shoal Draft #333
M25XPB, Worton Creek, MD