thoughts on a misc boat items for sale

Previous topic - Next topic

rwilkinsii

I would like to know what the chances are of the boatd getting a misc. boat items for sale section. Just a thought..

:D

Rich Wilkins
Houston Tx
86 c34
S/V Lil Tiger
Geaux Tigers!!

Stu Jackson

Rich

Given the wide physical distances between most of us (except for the local fleets), it appears to me that you would have more success either swapping or selling "miscellaneous" boat gear locally.  That kind of gear is also not necessarily only for Catalina 34s, so you'd get a wider audience.

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Gene Regan

good idea rich

i would like to see it as well and what better place to do it.
  the for sale section should be more than just boats.look at the 36 and 38 site and 42 sites.
  distance should not be a problem if someone has something and wants to sell it and someone wants to pay to ship then what the harm.
   i have some things only sailing folks would want and im sure others do too.besides i would tend to trust 34 members to be honest in the representation of the items.
  how about it members

gene regan
713 freedom

gene regan

burner

I think it would be a great idea.  Love to see it!

rwilkinsii

Maybe if Stu see enough interest he might consider it..

Thanks for the reply's so far.

:)

Rich Wilkins
Houston Tx
86 c34
S/V Lil Tiger
Geaux Tigers!!

Stu Jackson

It's not my decision, that was only my opinion.

If there's support for the idea, we'd b glad to give it a try.

Any of you can also volunteer to manage that portion of the 'site as an associate webmaster.

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

Gene Regan

stu
how would that be done, i've never done any thing like web design but maybe i would be interested if schooled on the method and the response was favorable enough.

let me know,

gene regan
713 freedom

gene regan

Stu Jackson

Gene,

If you are interested, please get in touch directly with webmaster David Smith.  Lt him know your ideas, refer him to this thread.  I do not know the details of the experience you'd need (just being the secretary, I continue to just type, type, type....)

Thanks,

Stu

Gene Regan

ok stu, ill write him today

thanks
gene

gene regan

rirvine

Might it not be easier to set up under E-bay as they already have to processes for buying and seeling stuff.  I have no idea how one sets up a "C34 store" within e-bay or how it operates.   just my 2 cents.

Ray

"

Stu Jackson

More on Stuff

Just a reminder, we don't have any "pay for" arrangements on the website.  Perhaps I misunderstood, but I was under the impression that people simply wanted to post notices that they have material and then the interested respondents would get in touch with them offline.

Based on how we are configured as an organization, we are really not in a position to do payments through our 'site, nor do I believe it is something that could be done without Board approval.

Still a good idea for just info exchange.

Stu

amoreau

It's a great idea!  Let's keep it simple. I've already bought a couple of things off this website just by people mentioning them in a thread.
Al & Candy Moreau  (Dun Wish'n) 1488 Borden light Marina

Rich

It was intended to be just a post your for-sale items here; not buy it here pay for it here. That shoots the prices up when you involve ebay and paypal..