Seasonal Engine Maintenance

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Hill

Guys : One of the Oshkosh Engine designers mentioned that "Impellers are like Light bulbs - some last longer than others" !!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Chris@Slocum

Thanks for all of the input.  I have decided to basically follow all suggestions by doing the minimum while the boat is out of the water, reversing the winterizing step.  Then, arranging a temporary mooring for a week at the marina, I'll service the engine properly before the longer trip up the Hudson to home.  This way, I should have a short run from launch to buoy with plenty of help available should something go wrong.
Thanks all!
Best regards,
Chris

Noah

1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

waughoo

Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Jim Hardesty

QuoteSounds like a good plan!
I'll second that. 
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Whidbey Tyson

Chris,
I too am in the same boat (or really close anyway) as you. Last month I bought my first boat, a 1997 C34 MKII Hull #1335 and am trying to figure out what to do now and what can wait until later. I had a few things from the survey to fix before putting her back in the water and a bunch of things I would like to do.
I had to have her trucked from Portland, Or to Anacortes Wa, so before I put the mast back up I took the opportunity to re-seal the chainplates which were leaking. I feel just getting that completed was a huge step forward. The only thing that I see holding me back at this point is time and money!

I'm looking forward to a great summer learning this boat, as I am sure you are as well.

Tyson
1997 C34 MKII #1335

Ron Hill

Ron, Apache #788