monitor mount

Previous topic - Next topic

Medved

Hi all, I need to setup to be able to work from the boat. I am in tech, so need to be able to mount 32-38" monitor. I was thinking to use a wall type mount and screw it to the mast, but wanted to check with the group to see if anyone else has done it and approach they took.

LogoFreak

Not a monitor, but it is a 32" HDR tv.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
1992 Catalina 34 Tall rig fin keel mk 1.5 "Polonaise"
Hull number 1179

Jon W

LogoFreak, Does the tv run off the 12vdc or do you run the tv on AC from an inverter?
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

Medved

Quote from: LogoFreak on March 31, 2022, 01:36:42 PM
Not a monitor, but it is a 32" HDR tv.

I would have to mount it to the mast to make it work, since I need to look at code. But I am not sure if its a good idea to be drilling the mast.

Kyle Ewing

LogoFreak--I'd use large hose clamps or straps to attach a wood base to the mast then attach the monitor mount to the base.  That might make it easier to remove when you need the space.
Kyle Ewing
Donnybrook #1010
Belmont Harbor, Chicago
http://www.saildonnybrook.com/

Ron Hill

Guys : I mounted my smaller DC TV on the same bulkhead.  Went smaller (15" screen) so there was a lower Amp draw.

Also installed an A / B switch on the antenna feed.  That way A was the TV and B was the FM stereo.  Then the TV or the FM got the max signal (instead of a dividing splitter for only 50% of the signal!!)  :clap

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788