C34 CE certification questiom

Previous topic - Next topic

Holger Dieske

Hello
here in europe there is a ce certification for everything. also for boats sold in the EU. it is, so to speak, an EU declaration of conformity.
After 1995 (this CE has existed since then), Catalina also sold the C34 to Europe.
Now my question: is there a C34 owner who has this CE certification document and can send me a copy of it as a pdf?

Holger
Holger
I am from Germany and I use Google-Translator! (and a little bit my brian ;) )

C34 "RUNAWAY" Mark 1.5 - 1992 WK - Hull Nr. 1219 - Yanmar3GM30F - Flag: German - Boat stay in Mediterranean Sea.

KWKloeber

Holger,

Why not just ask the CTY factory?

Warren@catalinayachts.com
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Holger Dieske

C34 "RUNAWAY" Mark 1.5 - 1992 WK - Hull Nr. 1219 - Yanmar3GM30F - Flag: German - Boat stay in Mediterranean Sea.

KWKloeber

I've found that during these times the factory has the same challenges as everyone else and it can take multiple emails to get a reply.  Stay perseverant trying to get Warren's attention.

-ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Holger Dieske

... thx!  I will keep trying.

But maybe a reader here happens to have the document as a pdf.

Holger

KeelsonGraham

Hi Holger,

We have a Catalina 34 Mk2 with a CE certification plate. Would a photo of that be any use to you? I've not seen any CE certificate for the boat.
2006 Catalina 34 Mk II. Hull No:1752. Engine: M35 BC.

Holger Dieske

Yes, if you have one I would be happy.
normally there should also be a document that says "this boat conforms to CE ......."

Holger

KeelsonGraham

I'll dig around all the paperwork to see if the PO had one.

Jim Hardesty

QuoteI'll dig around all the paperwork to see if the PO had one.

The PO was good about keeping information.  I looked and didn't find one or any reference to one in the owner's manual. 
Happy hunting,
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Holger Dieske

... maybe only for boats that are sold to Europe? I do not know it.

Holger

Jim Hardesty

On the brochure for 1999 there's no mention of CE certification but two other certifications.  This is the most recent one here, maybe there's a more recent one out there.

http://www.c34.org/images/c34_98_brochure_4.jpg
Jim Hardesty
sailing Lake Erie
Erie, PA

KeelsonGraham

Hi Holger, sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. I've searched my papers - no sign of a CE certificate. However, here is a picture of the CE plate on my MkII

Jim Hardesty

QuoteHowever, here is a picture of the CE plate on my MkII

Where was that located?
Jim
Jim Hardesty
sailing Lake Erie
Erie, PA

KeelsonGraham

On the bulkhead at the top of the steps Jim. The yacht was imported into the UK by a company and then sold to the PO. So I assume that, as per EU regs, they had to give it a CE categorisation. Class A is a bit optimistic for a Catalina 34.

LogoFreak

Quote from: KeelsonGraham on March 21, 2022, 06:48:31 AM
On the bulkhead at the top of the steps Jim. The yacht was imported into the UK by a company and then sold to the PO. So I assume that, as per EU regs, they had to give it a CE categorisation. Class A is a bit optimistic for a Catalina 34.

Why do you say that? Have you seen the Beneteau's that get that certification? Fact is our C34's have thick hulls, keel stepped mast and shrouds that attach to the internal grid instead of the deck. Maybe not "blue water" cruisers but in my opinion more than capable of crossing an ocean. Although I agree that the forward hatch isn't up to spec.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
1992 Catalina 34 Tall rig fin keel mk 1.5 "Polonaise"
Hull number 1179