Water Tank

Previous topic - Next topic

Holger Dieske

... can someone tell me where the water tank is venting under the bench? I think something's clogged up with me.

Holger
I am from Germany and I use Google-Translator! (and a little bit my brian ;) )

C34 "RUNAWAY" Mark 1.5 - 1992 WK - Hull Nr. 1219 - Yanmar3GM30F - Flag: German - Boat stay in Mediterranean Sea.

WTunnessen

The forward water tank vents through a stanchion on the deck. You should be able to find the hose leading up to it by looking in the galley cabinet over the ice box.
Gaulois #579 C34 Tall Rig - CYC West River, MD

Holger Dieske

OK, thanks! I will search. Perhaps something is clogged up somewhere.

Holger
I am from Germany and I use Google-Translator! (and a little bit my brian ;) )

C34 "RUNAWAY" Mark 1.5 - 1992 WK - Hull Nr. 1219 - Yanmar3GM30F - Flag: German - Boat stay in Mediterranean Sea.

Ron Hill

Hogler : The starboard water tank (under the starboard salon setee) vents from the top rear of that tank up to a stanchion.  Just lift up the cushion and cutout and you'll find where the vent hose is attached to the rear of the tank.

Guys : FYI, There are early C34s with a forward water tank (under the Vberth)!!

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

scgunner

Holger,

Put a water hose in the tank fill opening. Fill the tank until it overflows if it's not clogged water will spit out of the vent hole in the stanchion. Otherwise you'll have to clean out the hose and fittings.

Ron,

I can see why Catalina changed that arrangement my boat has an aft tank but I added a tank under the V-berth. When the aft tank is empty the boat is noticeably unbalanced. So I use the aft tank last.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

Ron Hill

Kevin : FYI, The early C34s with a Vberth tank did not have an aft tank!!

Most of us (with aft and starboard tanks) drain the starboard side tank thru usage and then (if necessary) refill the side tank from the aft tank by just opening the aft tank cutoff value.  I find it much easier to always just refill the aft tank. 
I always like to keep the starboard tank full as it helps to off set the port side list. Guess it's up to each C34 owner to decide which "out of balance" they prefer - side to side or front to back!?! 

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788