Oil change question

Previous topic - Next topic

Tallship2

Does anyone know offhand what the thread size is on the shutoff plug for the oil siphon hose on the bottom of the pan on a M25XP? It looks to be about 1/2 inch. Thanks.

KWKloeber

PS: I'm thinking that 1/2" pipe thread would be pretty large for that hose.  Probably an 3/8" or 1/4" NPT plug.

Did you check the parts listing?
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Paulus

Tallship2
I have one of these in my storage room at home.  It looks to be 1/2inch, but do not know the thread size.  If you are not in a hurry, I would be glad to take it to my local hardware store and get the info for you.  I am busy on Thursday and Friday. 
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

Tallship2

Thanks, all. Where exactly do I find the parts listing?

KWKloeber

Sorry, the parts list doesn't ID the plug size.  It just lists the entire assembly.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.

Paulus

1/4 inch pipe thread in brass
Paul
PS:  took it into the hardware store and had it sized.
Reminder that pipe thread is measured by the inside diameter.
Cool Change 1989 #944

KWKloeber

Quote from: Tallship2 on October 20, 2021, 06:07:25 PM
Thanks, all. Where exactly do I find the parts listing?

@Tall

All the engine, owners, parts, etc., manuals are on the Tech Wiki under the "Manuals" page listing.
https://c34.org/wikiwp/

Tallship2

Quote from: Paulus on October 21, 2021, 05:38:19 AM
1/4 inch pipe thread in brass
Paul
PS:  took it into the hardware store and had it sized.

Thanks, Paul, on the way to Home Depot.