CNG tank pressure

Previous topic - Next topic

ajvh

At what pressure should the CNG tank be replaced? Mine was at 200psi and after using it for cooking on the boat during the hurricane power outage it is now at 500psi. I don't how much time I have left. I would hate to run out during our next trip. Does anyone know where to refill it in the Annapolis area? Or am I the only C34 owner who has not converted to propane!!

Doug Savary

CNG rule of thumb, 1 hour per burner equals 100 lbs. :)

Stu Jackson

Tony

Another reference for you

http://c34.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=329609511&f=829605811&m=955601911

You don't have to replace it before it runs out, it'll keep working until it's out.  That's why we have a backup on board.

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Alohman

I agree with the 100 lbs per one hour estimate.  We use approx 1 1/2 tanks per season.  I found a CNG refill station in Millersville, MD (this being the closest one to Annapolis I could find)  It is a Crown gas station off I-97.  Going down there this week to see if I can get my tank refilled.  Will let you know the results.

Alohman

Found the CNG station, about 15 minutes from Annapolis.  The station pump is designed to fill vehicles and the tank needs an adaptor to all it to be filled.  Anyone know the name and where this adaptor might be found?