Custom bow sprit

Previous topic - Next topic

LogoFreak

At it again  :clap

Adding a custom bow sprit and modifying the pulpit as to accommodate a harken reflex furler for a north sails helix gennaker. So far I've just taken all the fittings off the bow, should have a mock up within a week or so that I can share here.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
1992 Catalina 34 Tall rig fin keel mk 1.5 "Polonaise"
Hull number 1179

Jim Hardesty

Nice, please keep us posted with the progress.  I think the rollup spinnaker furling is a great idea.  Just curious, have you given any thought to the other end.  Do you think the spinnaker crane is long enough?  Wish mine was longer, but then that's with a sock.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Stu Jackson

Quote from: LogoFreak on September 23, 2021, 07:20:23 AM

Adding a custom bow sprit ......................

I have just become aware that on the C355s, Catalina had added a stay below the sprit.  They found that the early boats were pulling up the attachment point.  I found out by being a respondent on their Google group.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

LogoFreak

Quote from: Jim Hardesty on September 23, 2021, 08:19:31 AM
Nice, please keep us posted with the progress.  I think the rollup spinnaker furling is a great idea.  Just curious, have you given any thought to the other end.  Do you think the spinnaker crane is long enough?  Wish mine was longer, but then that's with a sock.
Jim

The crane on my mast is already beefed up and larger, I did fly a gennaker in a sock on this boat already as well so the fit shouldn't be an issue.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

LogoFreak

Quote from: Stu Jackson on September 23, 2021, 12:14:41 PM
Quote from: LogoFreak on September 23, 2021, 07:20:23 AM

Adding a custom bow sprit ......................

I have just become aware that on the C355s, Catalina had added a stay below the sprit.  They found that the early boats were pulling up the attachment point.  I found out by being a respondent on their Google group.

Stu, there is going to be a stay just behind the new roller to support the anchor, I also have a U bolt that I installed just above the waterline so that I can run a dyneema bob stay.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

waughoo

Logo... always doing cool stuff to the boat!!  Any update on the below deck auto pilot?
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

LogoFreak

Quote from: waughoo on September 23, 2021, 06:09:48 PM
Logo... always doing cool stuff to the boat!!  Any update on the below deck auto pilot?

Yes and no lol, I'll be ok the boat tomorrow working on it so I'll take some pics and update you guys.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

waughoo

Looking forward to it Logo.  I scored a discount ev-1 sensor core and am now working on updating the rest of the kit to have an evolution AP.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte