K75 motor mounts.

Previous topic - Next topic

tvorgitch

I had similar issues after having a new shaft, coupler and cutless bearing installed. I shared a video on this forum and the consensus was that I needed new mounts. I installed K75 & K50 mounts and saw some improvement but still had significant vibration had higher RPMs.

Someone pointed out that the torque from the running engine is going to change the alignment so you really need to make fine adjustments while the engine is running.

I secured the boat in the slip and marked each nut with nail polish so I could easily count turns. I had a friend put the boat in gear and bring it up to 1500 RPM and observed the vibration. He would then go to idle/neutral a I would make small adjustments.

I got very lucky in that after moving the front mounts up a few turns there was a dramatic improvement. I locked them in without thinking that I should have continued in the same direction and "centered" alignment, but I'm still very happy with the results.

If you someone who can assist you, this isn't much work and might solve your problem. I realize this only gets you vertical alignment, but I think it's worth a shot. Good luck.

Tom Vorgitch
Goose III
1993 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1235
TR/FK
M35
Ventura, CA

SV Sand Pebble

Thanks for your input. In my case the problem was solved by going back to the universal motor mounts offering horizontal movement. I'm happy things worked well for you. Mine is very good now.
SV Sand Pebble C34 Mark 1 hull #418 engine 25XP

SV Sand Pebble

Yes Noah that's right my original universal mounts were drilled cockeyed so my solution was to pull the K75 mounts and buy and install universal mounts in which right away worked for me awesomely. My boat is done and back at sea when I please. My alignment seems perfect
SV Sand Pebble C34 Mark 1 hull #418 engine 25XP