Replacing all the Sanitary hoses

Previous topic - Next topic

Catalina007

Ed Shankle

The fittings on the tank are pipe on the hose end, at least for new fittings.
Also, if you go with Trident hose, which is very pricy, you can get the 1 1/2" hose  in 12' lengths which is much cheaper per foot and should be all you need for a MK1
Regards,
Ed
Ed Shankle
Tail Wind #866 1989 m25xp
Salem, MA

captran

Took me about 6 hours just a few years ago to just change out the hoses that go from the through hull up to the Y valve, the Y valve, and the hose from the Y valve to the toilet.  Honestly, if the door to the underside of the sink was double in size, it would have been a piece of cake, but getting that Y valve off that aft wall under the sink is terrible.  Once that was off, it was easy to get the hoses off.  taped up the ends and took them in to West Marine to make sure I was getting the exact hose.  The reverse process to reinstall.
Randy Thies
Voyager  1997 #1345
was Florida, now Anacortes Wa

oldcatsailor

Everything already covered except automotive tailpipe expander
It makes attaching the heat softened pipe to the barbs a lot easier
Sail 1064 Tr wing keel 1990/

Jim Hardesty

QuoteEverything already covered except automotive tailpipe expander
It makes attaching the heat softened pipe to the barbs a lot easier

I can see how that would help.  Great idea.  But I question weather the expanded hose would shrink back to original diameter. 
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

waughoo

I use an Uponor Pex expander gun to stretch my smaller hoses when attaching them.  The only caution I'd provide is wire reinforced hoses.  It seems the wire becomes a bit dislodged in the hose when stretching them.  That said, I dont have any leaks where I've used the expander on a hose.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte