Rocna 15 fit on Mark 1 OEM roller

Previous topic - Next topic

Patches

I just bought a Rocna 15 for a good price, and spent some time searching the forum about whether it would fit the Mark 1 OEM "Windline" brand roller.  I couldn't really find any definitive answer, so thought I would post my about my experience.

I have a 1990 Mark 1.25, which I bought with a Bruce 15 Kg anchor on it.  The takeaways:

1.  The Rocna 15 will fit on the OEM roller, but not with the OEM bail.  When put in place, I'm able to close the anchor locker lid over the shank of the Rocna 15.

2.  The OEM bail measures 2 7/8" wide, and 3 3/4" high--not high enough. It is attached with two, small, carriage bolts and nyloc nuts through the top of the anchor roller up forward.

3.  There appear to be 3 "close" replacement options for replacing the bail:

a. a Schaefer boom bail 3" wide and 5" high (No. 90-07), $62 at Defender

b. a Kingston Stainless Steel Anchor Roller Bail, 3 1/4" wide and 5 1/2" high (BAR-13-3.14), $18.99 at Defender

c. a Kingston Stainless Steel Anchor Roller Bail, 3 1/4" wide and 6 " high (BAR-15-3.25), $20.99 at Defender.

I've ordered option "b." from Defender and will report back once I have installed the new bail.

Another option is the Kingston KR-1015 anchor roller which is deigned specifically for Rocna 10 and Rocna 15 anchors.  It measures 3 3/8" wide (1/2" wider than the OEM roller on my boat), and may require some minor surgery up front.  Defender price on these is $338.

Hope this helps others!

Patches

dfloeter

I used the longest roller that Garhauer makes and it fit perfectly on our Mark 2. Even the hole pattern matched.  The hook sticks out a bit but never chips gelcoat on the retrieval, any longer. 
Dietrich Floeter
Traverse City MI
1996 Catalina 34 TR WK #1317
Universal M35A
Rocna 20