Previous topic - Next topic

waughoo

Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Ron Hill

Glenn : Now that you are on the way back (depending on the wind!!) you can try crisscrossing the Bay to ports like Crisfield, Tangier island, Great Wicomico or many many other ports (Indian Creek?)!!

Have fun - the weather looks to be cooler this week!!

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

WBev

Glenn - with the forecast, remember, there is no bad weather, just bad clothes.  Enjoy this week, and keep us posted.
Wobegon II
1992 C-34 MK 1.5
#1211,  Wing/Tall Rig
Universal M35
Magothy River, MD

glennd3

This morning as were getting ready to leave our third crewmate AJ, who had just joined us in Norfolk had come down with a Kidney stone attack. He gets up early so as I started to get the coffee going around 6 I did not think it out of the ordinary that he as not on the boat. He usually goes for an early walk. He called and said he was by the Marina's head and felt terrible. Steve and I went to find him and he was lying on the picnic table having been vomiting since 3 in the morning and was in pain. We are all 62 years old and have been friends since 1st grade. Aj said to call an ambulance so we did. We were in the middle of no where at an older marina east of Richmond. The ambulance came and took him to a hospital 30 miles away. So now here are 2 62 year olds looking at each other basically saying WTF just happened at 7 in the morning. We could not get his wife on the phone so we did the next best thing and called AJ's parents. Long story made short. He had his first Kidney stone pass at the hospital. He is on his way home and Steve and I are sailing on.
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

Bill Shreeves

Glad to hear your friend is on the mend and enjoy the return trip!
The only thing that always works on an old boat is the owner...

Bill Shreeves
s/v "Begnnings" 1987 Shoal Draft #333
M25XPB, Worton Creek, MD

glennd3

We are back home!
I will give a review in a little while.
Resting for a few days.
Boat worked great, no system failed!
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

Ekutney

Glad to hear your trip was not dull.

Regards,
Ed Kutney
1986 C34
S/V Grace #42 shoal keel
Universal M-25
Magothy River
Severna Park, MD

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Ron Hill

All : This just goes to show that the "Diver Dan" insurance may well be worth that small investment.  You all might look in to what Diver Dan insurance provides!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

glennd3

Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland