What prop do you have with Beta 25. Anyone with Gori any engine

Previous topic - Next topic

pjcomeau

I just repowered my 1988 C34 with a Beta Marine 25. Question for others that repowered with same engine: what do you have as a prop? Make and size?

Others: Anyone with a Gori 3 blade prop? What size and what engine do you have?

I still have the original 15x9 3 blade and very under propped right now. 5.5 knots at 3000. WOT goes to 3800 (engine is 25HP at 3600) and get 6.5 knots. I also have the TMC 40 transmission gear ratio 2.6.

Thanks
Pierre Comeau
Time To Keel, 1988 #687  Saint John, NB Canada

Bill Shreeves

Can't help with your prop question but, I'm really curious how it compares to noise level and vibration vs the M25?
The only thing that always works on an old boat is the owner...

Bill Shreeves
s/v "Begnnings" 1987 Shoal Draft #333
M25XPB, Worton Creek, MD

mark_53

Quote from: Bill Shreeves on July 14, 2021, 02:25:11 PM
Can't help with your prop question but, I'm really curious how it compares to noise level and vibration vs the M25?

Me too Bill...I took a Db reading while out cruising.  My M25XP 3 feet from the open companionway at 2500rpm I got 89Db.  Seated behind the wheel I got 85Db.  I get jealous when I hear other sailboats quiet hum of their engines.

Jim Hardesty

QuoteMy M25XP 3 feet from the open companionway at 2500rpm I got 89Db.  Seated behind the wheel I got 85Db. 

I've never taken a Db reading on my MKll.  Sure it's much less than that. Nothing special has been done just OEM insulation in good shape.  I'm very happy with the sound level.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Ron Hill

Guys : When I replaced my engine (M25XPB 26 HP) I replaced the engine compartment insulation (Mainsheet tech note article).  I went with the 1.25" from Defender and found a notable drop in engine noise!! 

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788