bowden cable for circuit, need help with knowledge

Previous topic - Next topic

Holger Dieske

Hi togheter,
I need a Bowden cable from the gear lever to the engine (forward-neutral-back).
I am not sure which part I have to order from Catalina Direkt in order to send it to me in Europe. Can someone possibly give me a note or link so I can order the correct one.

Thanks and Greetings
Holger
I am from Germany and I use Google-Translator! (and a little bit my brian ;) )

C34 "RUNAWAY" Mark 1.5 - 1992 WK - Hull Nr. 1219 - Yanmar3GM30F - Flag: German - Boat stay in Mediterranean Sea.

WBev

According to Catalina Direct, the following is the part they recommend for shift cable on our boats:

Engine Control Cable 11'
C-34
Part #: F8098

However, they do specify it works for Westerbeke/Universal.  Your signature shows a Yanmar.  You should measure your cable length before ordering. 

Good Luck,
Bill
Wobegon II
1992 C-34 MK 1.5
#1211,  Wing/Tall Rig
Universal M35
Magothy River, MD

KWKloeber

Holger

The cables are simply Teleflex cables, nothing out of the ordinary.
I'd suggest contacting the Catalina parts department, who likely knows which one was on the Yanmar and possibly has one in stock, or could give you the Teleflex part number and you could find one more local to you. 

parts@catalinayachts.com
Phone: 1-727-544-6681 (Florida time)

You just need to know the length and the correct threads.  If you have that I could check the teleflex part number through my stocking marine distributor.

Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ron Hill

Holger : I would think that in Europe there must be a Bowder Cable manufacturer or something very similar!!  Just get the 11 ft (51.9/60 cm) length and modify as necessary.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Holger Dieske

thx @all!
the problem is, the boat is in Croatia and I in Germany. I will go in September to the boat for work and then I need the cable. There is a marine shop but the thing ist, in Europa is gear with 2 sticks not common (We have 1-Stick for gear and gas thogether normaly) I dont know maybe is to special for the croatien marine shop (and my croatien spekk ist also bad :) )

I think I order the 11`PartNr F8098 and I give a notice that for the C34 with a Yanmar.

Holger

C34 "RUNAWAY" Mark 1.5 - 1992 WK - Hull Nr. 1219 - Yanmar3GM30F - Flag: German - Boat stay in Mediterranean Sea.

KWKloeber

Quote from: Holger Dieske on July 13, 2021, 01:22:18 PM
thx @all!
the problem is, the boat is in Croatia and I in Germany. I will go in September to the boat for work and then I need the cable. There is a marine shop but the thing ist, in Europa is gear with 2 sticks not common (We have 1-Stick for gear and gas thogether normaly) I dont know maybe is to special for the croatien marine shop (and my croatien spekk ist also bad :) )

I think I order the 11`PartNr F8098 and I give a notice that for the C34 with a Yanmar.

Holger

Holger,

I reached out to CD for you and verified that the same cable is used on the Yanmar and the Universal engine.

The SeaStar (Teleflex) cable with 10-32 threads is number 3300/33C  (attached.)
The 11-foot cable Teleflex cable is number CCX63311

You can find a local distributor here:
http://www.seastarsolutions.com/international-distributors-2/

Alles Gute
-ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Holger Dieske

Ron Hill

Hogler : If you have trouble importing a 11 ft. Bowder cable - there is somebody in Europe /Germany that is manufacturing those kind of cables. 

My old VW Bug had one for the clutch and many automobiles have Browder cables for their speedometers.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788