m25xp dipstick

Previous topic - Next topic

glennd3

I have looked but cannot find where to get a replacement oil dipstick, mine leaks. Any help would be appreciated.
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

Ron Hill

Glenn : Call Westerbeke Customer Service and see if the dipstick for a M25XPB engine will fit and usable on a M25XP engine.  @ 508-823-7677 ex234 or ex233.

If not maybe their parts can tell you if the rubber gasket on the top of the "B" dipstick is removeable so you could reinstall it on your leaking dipstick??

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

KWKloeber

The xpb dipstick is the long style (runs thru the high hole in the block) not the short stick (thru the low oil pan tube).   The rubber plug is formed onto the stick and not removable w/o damaging it.

Glenn

You might find a rubber stopper that you could drill a hole and slide onto and glue in place of the factory rubber stopper.

Alternately, I bought an extra dipstick that I doubt I'll ever need to use that "I can let go."  I think I paid $25 for it. Email if you want it.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ron Hill

Glenn : If Kens' dipstick doesn't work out OR if more owners need a new M25XP dipstick, get a M25 XP "B" engine dipstick and cut it to size and mark it like your old XP dipstick!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

KWKloeber

Do we know that the hole thru the block (XPB and b5200/6200 tractors) takes the same size seal as our dipstick tubes?
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ron Hill

Guys : Ken has a good idea!  You might check with your Kubota dealer and look at the 5200 tractor engine dipstick. 

I'd take your M25XP dipstick along and compare.  Especially look at the rubber gasket because that is what you really want - the stick can be cut to the correct length and notched for the full mark.

A thought.
Ron, Apache #788