oil and coolant

Previous topic - Next topic

mdidomenico

i stopped at pepboys to pick up some oil/coolant, but turns out my local store is going service only, so no joy there.  but whilst perusing whats left on the shelves, i noticed there doesn't seem to be any 10w-40 CF4 oil.  looking online at autozone seems to show mostly 15w-40.  all the bottle images i see online say CK instead of CF, which i'm presuming is a better/more current standard then CF.  a quick forum search seems to indicate that should be okay, but i wanted to check

also it might be handy to update the maintenance page of the wiki with a selection of recommends from the popular store (autozone/tractor supply) items.  as well as, coolant, which i was not able to find on the wiki

1989 Cat34 #856, original m-25xp

KWKloeber

https://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,9650.msg73044.html#msg73044

Rotella T1 straight grade or T4 multi.  Autozone, WallyMart, should carry them.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ron Hill

Guys : I just go to Walmart and buy the jug of Mobile 1 Diesel.  I figure if the synthetic oil is in all of my auto engines that it worth putting in my boat engine!!

A thought

Ron, Apache #788

waughoo

I usually put in chevron Delo.  Thats what I used to use in my old 300sd Mercedes MANY years ago.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte