Clogged Head

Previous topic - Next topic

mark_53

Hi all. I have a Jabsco head and pump. I pumped out a few weeks ago and haven't used the head in a while. A guest used it and swears nothing was thrown in. I've been letting it soak for a few days hoping whatever is there will slowly dissolve but no luck so far. If I need to disassemble, where is the place to start?

Stu Jackson

Quote from: mark_53 on June 01, 2021, 03:06:47 PM
If I need to disassemble, where is the place to start?

Mark, I'm not being sarcastic:  Wouldn't the place to start be the manual for the Jabsco?

My Raritan PHII has a comprehensive owners manual that is very helpful.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

mark_53

You are right Stu. I'll have to check it. I was wondering if it was better to start at the pump or exit to the tank. I know, depends on where the clog is. It looks like the logical place for a clog is at the first 90 bend out of the bowl but there must be someone who's had experience with freeing a clog. Mr Plumber?

scgunner

Mark,

It's been my experience when I've had a clog it's usually the Joker Valve, an aptly named part. That's where I'd start, probably something big got stuck in the Joker, what that something is I'll leave to your imagination.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

Ron Hill

Mark : Take the 4 screws that hold the pump to the assembly from the bottom of the bowel.  Then take the 2 screws in the back that hold the pump to the hose going to the tank.  After those 2 screw are out the Joker valve is behind them.  Remove the J valve and replace with a new one on reassembly!!

Have a bucket and some sponges handy - cause you don't know what is going the come out!!!   Good luck

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Glad to see Ron's still "going with" his bowel joke!   :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

mark_53

Quote from: Ron Hill on June 02, 2021, 03:25:25 PM
Then take the 2 screws in the back that hold the pump to the hose going to the tank.

That did the trick Ron, large wad of undisolved paper clogged the elbow.  I'll spare further details.