White rubber inserts

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulJacobs

Does anyone on this forum know where or how to get a pair of the white rubber inserts that keep the boarding ladder from directly contacting - and potentially scratching - the transom?  Mine are cracked and getting very tired.  I assume the twin SS surrounding "retention guards" can be un-screwed, the white rubber inserts exchanged for two new ones, and then the retention guards re-screwed back in place.  Can you get these from Catalina, or Catalina-Direct, or perhaps somewhere else?

Paul Jacobs
Pleiades #1068
1990 MK 1.5
TR/FK
Wickford, RI

waughoo

I have the walk through transom style ladder on my 1.5 and I bought a set from Catalina Direct.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

mark_53

Try Home Depot.  They are just 1" bumpers

Stu Jackson

One inch chair tips, that's all they are.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

PaulJacobs

Sorry, but Pleiades does NOT have short boarding ladder extensions that rubber "chair leg tips" could be fitted onto.  Rather, the curved portion of the ladder, when in the "down" position typical for swimming contacts two small SS retaining rings that are supposed to have what are basically hemispherical white rubber "bumper" inserts.  I am not sure if this was standard issue in 1990, or if a PO installed them.  In any case the white rubber inserts are now cracked and broken.  I would like to remove the SS retaining rings from the transom, remove the broken / cracked rubber inserts, replace them with two new inserts, and re-screw the retaining rings & rubber inserts back into place.

It would be a pair of white rubber hemispherical inserts that I am looking to purchase.  Catalina Direct does NOT show anything like this.  Does anyone know where I might find these.  Again, they are NOT the "chair leg tips" that are readily available at many places.

Paul Jacobs
Pleiades - 1068
1990 MK 1.5
TR/FK
Wickford, RI

glennd3

Paul let me know what you find out, I have the same need. Thanks
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

Stu Jackson

Paul, I'm having trouble visualizing this.  Do you have any photos?
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

paul : Not quite understanding what you are looking for, could you cut a section of white hose and then make a slice lengthwise?  To get it on the stainless tubing try a heat gun to warmup the pieces of hose. 

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

KWKloeber

Pics, please!!!

R they something like this?
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

PaulJacobs

YES![/b] :clap   What are they called, and where can I get a pair of them?

Paul

KWKloeber

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain