feeling a little old

Previous topic - Next topic

glennd3

Painted the bottom today and I have to say it seemed easier just a couple of years ago.
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

Stu Jackson

Haha...what wasn't?  Other than sleeping, erm, I mean naps... :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jim Hardesty

Yes, unfortunately most things are a little harder and everything takes longer.  Just think how fine the sailboat naps are.
Still enjoy the hard work and the naps,
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Ron Hill

Glenn : Painting the bottom is one of the times that you're glad that you don't have a Catalina 42!!   

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Roc

Ron's point exactly!!  The C34 is the "perfect" size boat to wax, the sails are the "perfect" weight and size to place in sail bags and carry singlehanded, the canvas is the "perfect" size to wash, store and waterproof.  You can go through the line of everything on the boat, and it's all the perfect size and weight!!   :thumb:
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Ron Hill

Roc : Amen!!!, not to mention slip size while traveling!! 

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Kyle Ewing

I second Ron and Roc's observations.  After bottom paint, washing, waxing and everything else I do for spring launch I'm glad Donnybrook isn't any larger.  I"m glad she isn't any smaller while looking for places to put all my stuff.
Kyle Ewing
Donnybrook #1010
Belmont Harbor, Chicago
http://www.saildonnybrook.com/