Interior cushions

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulJacobs

We are having all new interior cushions made for Pleiades.  When the new cushions are finally completed and installed (probably late June 2021) the old ones will then be available, at no cost except shipping, to anyone on this forum.  They are original, (hence 31 years old), burgundy colored, in reasonably good condition (i.e. no bald spots, no stains, no odors, but slightly worn in a few places along the edges, and three of the fabric wrapped buttons are missing. Also, one quarterberth cushion was damaged by the PO and replaced by us in "the nearest matching Sunbrella color".
Pay the shipping and they are yours!

Dr. Paul F. Jacobs
Pleiades No. 1068
1990 C34 MK 1.5
TR/FK
Wickford, RI

PaulJacobs

An update.

I just learned that Pleiades new cushions will be ready in late May rather than late June.  Apparently, two customers who were ahead of us in the queue could not decide on a specific fabric, so we are now next in line.  Again, for anyone interested all 22 cushions are yours free, except that you pay the shipping costs.

Dr. Paul F. Jacobs
Pleiades
1990 C34 MK 1.5
No. 1068 TR/FK
Wickford, RI

glennd3

Paul who is making your cushions?
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

PaulJacobs

Hi Glenn,

Ken Robinson of Ken's Canvas and Cushions, Barrington, RI.  He has been in business for 40 years, and does absolutely beautiful work.  He did all the interior cushions for our C30 about 15 years ago, and did a superb job on the dodger for Pleiades about 6 years ago.  If you would like more information let me know.

Paul

PaulJacobs

Apparently, nobody is interested in these C34 interior cushions.  That is rather sad since they are a complete set and in pretty good condition.  We are getting a new set simply because Nancy and I wanted a change after many years.  If I do not hear from anyone within the next few weeks they will sadly have to be disposed of ... and I am not even sure how or where to do that. :cry4`

Paul Jacobs
Pleiades
1990 C34 #1068
TR/FK

Ekutney

Just saw your note.

Any pics or description of the color & pattern of the material on the cushions?

Thanks.
Ed Kutney
1986 C34
S/V Grace #42 shoal keel
Universal M-25
Magothy River
Severna Park, MD

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

PaulJacobs

Hi Ed,

I have a number of nice photographs of the interior cushions, but their file size is too large to insert here, and I do not know the trick to properly re-format them.  So, please send me an e-mail at pfjacobs@verizon.net and I will be happy to attach three or four photos in a return e-mail to you.

Paul Jacobs
Pleiades
1990 C34 #1068
TR/FK

Clenhart

Can you email me pictures also?  I have a 1991 1.5 with original cushions that are looking pretty worn. Corey@lenharthome.net
1991 Mk 1.5 Tall Rig Hull #1168