plexiglass in the ice box

Previous topic - Next topic

anaisdog

i have a 1986 c34 and I'm completely at a loss about the plexiglass in the ice box. I *think* i put the top piece somewhere, can't find it, and can't remember how the other pieces go together (and I'm not even certain I lost the top piece, if there was one). Is there a drawing of the sizes of the pieces and how they go together?

thank you

becki kain
Hull #99, c34, 1986, Detroit Yacht Club

scgunner

Becki,

As my '86 came from the factory the fridge had three plexiglass pieces, one for the lower shelf, two for the top. The placement is pretty self explanatory, the long smaller piece fits the bottom, the two larger pieces make up the top shelf.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

anaisdog

okay, then I'm not missing anything. I could have sworn there was a fourth piece.  good to know that I didn't lose a piece

Jeff Kaplan

Becki,

I have an '86 #219. There are just 3 plexiglas panels that go in the ice box.  I just cleaned mine last Saturday. Largest piece on bottom, 2 on top. Bottom piece slides up and on frame.
#219, 1986 tall rig/shallow draft. "sedona sunset" atlantic-salem,ma

Stu Jackson

becki,

Alex had a slightly different question, but related.

Same answer.  Two on the top, one on the bottom.

https://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,10847.0.html
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

waughoo

Quote from: Stu Jackson on April 26, 2021, 06:20:43 PM
becki,

Alex had a slightly different question, but related.

Same answer.  Two on the top, one on the bottom.

https://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,10847.0.html

That link Stu provided above has a LOT of good photos and ideas.  Give it a look see even if you have the answer to your question.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

anaisdog

thanks everyone!  I was convinced i had a fourth but that was a wrong memory!

i have no excuse to not take a ton of pictures of my boat to remind myself!