Shore power breaker - replacement

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland Gendreau

Although I have not finished troubleshooting, I think my shore power breaker (the one by the shore power cord outlet) needs replacement.
The lights on the breaker have not worked in the 15 years I have owned the boat, and now I need to fiddle around with the switch in order to get the green shore power light to illuminate on the main panel.

My question is what folks have used for a replacement.     

JD has this one:  https://pro.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=11354

and Catalina Direct has this one:  //https://www.catalinadirect.com/shop-by-boat/catalina-38/electrical/breakers-switches/electrical-panel-transom-master-breaker/?SearchResults=1

Thanks in advance

Roland Gendreau
1992 MK 1.5
Gratitude #1183
Bristol, RI

Jim Hardesty

Roland,
This is not an answer to your question.  Just something else to ponder.
Have you closely checked your shore power receptacle and shore power cord.  Look for small burns and burrs.  It only takes once unplugging under load to damage them.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

scgunner

Roland,

If it was me I'd go with the Catalina Direct unit. Jim raises a good point about the power cord, unless it's relatively new I'd replace it as well.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

Ron Hill

Roland : Ask Dennis (worked at the old Seaward)  DIGARASHI@earthlink.net.  He might be able to help you decide!!

I believe it is something like a "single throw, double pole, 30amp breaker switch"  ???

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Roland Gendreau

As the boat is on the hard, I am using a short shore power adapter cord plugged into an extension cord.  The short cord is like new, no issues with it.  The red light  on the cord plug is lit up so I know there is voltage at the cord plug being provided to the boat.   I will remove the outlet and breaker to do more troubleshooting.
Roland Gendreau
1992 MK 1.5
Gratitude #1183
Bristol, RI