Television Antenna

Previous topic - Next topic

westcoaster

I have a 1997 hull # 1358 and my television antenna broke off while I was day sailing.

does anyone know what I should replace it with?

West Marine sells one, but is that a good one to go with.  I only sail in and around the Southern California area (catalina, etc.)

Thanks.

captaingary

Your best bet is to install an A/B switch in your VHF antenna line and run one side to your TV and the other to your radio. BoatUS has one that has a seperate load antenna that is connected to the radio when the switch is in the TV position. This is to protect your radio in case you key the mike while the switch is in the TV position. You will find the reception is excellent.
Gary Schneider
Windmill #1231
Long Beach  CA

jentine

TV on a boat!!!!!  WOW!!!!!!!! and here I have been content to read books.  No antenna necessary either.
Jim Kane

hdevera

Jim,

Some of us just can't let go.  I have a DVD player,TV, multiCD player, computer with internet access on board.  What can I say, I love being in the 20th century and love sailing.  To each their own.

Stu Jackson

TVs and News do NOT belong on boats.

The reason we buy boats is to GET AWAY from the daily nonsense.

Even radios are suspect, regardless of NPR.

Bring your own musical instruments, sing, hum, clap or tap your heels.

Keep the volume on your laptops down.

Gee - I just LOVE the sound of the wind.  _/)
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

jentine

NOAA weather radio....another WOW!!!!!!! They never get anything right up here in the north.  I don't think they are any better down your way.  A good book, a little music (instruments are good), the sound of the wind howling outside is the formula for a restful evening on the hook.
Jim Kane

hdevera

Stu,
If you are going to the Catalina Rendezvous at Angel Island... don't tie up too close.  I plan on listening to music, checking my email, and maybe watch a DVD or two late at nite.  Hope to share a glass of wine or two.

Hal

PS Sorry for not keeping to the orginal topic.

mike baker

Because the Admiral wanted TV I installed a Triax UFO Marine TV/FM Antenna at the top of the mast.  It works great and is very small.  You can find them in West Marine catalog.

Mike Baker #815 "Gray Hawk"