Seacock size waste

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McGill

Seacock size for waste thru hull. Web access very poor.small leak when closed. 1988 mk 1.

Thanks,

Steve
CLARITY 1988 #588 TRWK (sold 8/2023 after 17 yrs)
Chesapeake, Herring Bay, MD

Stu Jackson

Most are 1 1/2" to match the hose diameter of the toiler (head) outlet hose.  No guarantee yours is still OEM.  Good luck.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

waughoo

My 91 doesnt have a direct overboard option.  The macerator is the only waste overboard choice.  This thru hull is much smaller than 1.5"  that said, im not aure what size unfortunately.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Noah

My Forespar Series 93 seacock/valve/thru-hull discharge for the head is 3/4 in. NPSM with a 3/4 female NPPSM threaded top to insert a 3/4 in. tailpiece to 1 in. hose barb—which fits 1in. ID hose to macerator pump. You could probably use a 1in. seacock/valve with a 1 in. hose barb tailpiece. My boat came with a 3/4. Thru-hull so that is the size I replaced it with. If you go direct overboard, without a macerator, go bigger.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Steve McGill

Thanks,

My original seacock is/was 3/4" the macerator is one inch. I had a real short haul (boat in slings, but still in well, raised just enough to get thru hull out of water) and I took 10 minutes to replace.

Steve
CLARITY 1988 #588 TRWK (sold 8/2023 after 17 yrs)
Chesapeake, Herring Bay, MD

Noah

1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

waughoo

I was at Fisheries supply the other day and saw this nifty rig that had a soft flexible flange on a stick that one shoves through the valve from the inside of the boat while the valve is open and in the water.  Once through the hull the rubber flips open and is pressed tight to the hull with the hydraulic pressure making a temporary seal.  Now the valve can be safely removed/unscrewed from the thru-hull fitting and the new replaced.  Once the new valve is replaced, the stick is pulled, the flexible flage folds and comes through the valve and one closes the valve with minimal water intrusion.  Its pretty slick.  Unfortunately i can't remember the name of the thing.  I'll try and take a photo the next time I'm there.  I don't need one today, but it is good to know about it.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Bill Shreeves

I installed a Forespar Marelon Full-Flow Seacock a couple of weeks ago.  It came with a plug that covers the handle screw.  You pop the cover off, attach a lanyard to the loop then insert it in to the through hull, from the wet side, if you need to rebuild the valve.  Once done the maintenance, a tug on the lanyard retrieves the plug.  No getting away from getting wet the first time but, I was impress that it came with the it.
The only thing that always works on an old boat is the owner...

Bill Shreeves
s/v "Begnnings" 1987 Shoal Draft #333
M25XPB, Worton Creek, MD