Best place/price for Raw Water Pump and Heat Exchanger PARTS

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Hill

I wrote this up in the Mainsheet tech notes and in numerous post answers.  I believe that it is now worth a separate New Topic!!

Raw Water Pumps - Call DEPCO 1-800-445-1656  They have the best prices for Oberdoffer pumps and parts.  They are restrained by Sherwood to Sherwood prices on pumps, but they have the rebuild parts.  The main Sherwood problem is the the original comes with a copper/bronze "C" clip - which the salt water eats up - causing it to fail"  I wrote a Mainsheet article on rebuilding and the size of a stainless "C" clip.
For those of you that are not a "Do It Yourselfer" - they will rebuild it for you.

Heat Exchanger - Call Glen Mar Marine 1-800-282-0123   They have parts and part kits for SEM- DURE heat exchangers.   2" & 3" Diameter

A few thoughts   :clap
Ron, Apache #788

karista

Ron
Glen Mare Marine has been sold, and has been wholesale only for many years. Depco Sherwood rebuild price last time I had them do it was as much as a new Oberdorfer pump cost. It makes little sense to have them rebuilt the Sherwood at such a high price, better choice is to buy a new Oberdorfer instead.
Bernd, 1990- Hull 1012, Gulfport, FL

Ron Hill

Benrd : Thanks for the update. 

Guess I'm out of touch as I rebuild all of my Oberdoffer and Sherwood pumps - myself!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

SeaFever

BTW, how much are the Oberdoffer and Sherwood pumps (New and used in V good condition)these days? I have an almost new one that I should sell...so the information will help.
Mahendra, Sea Fever, Pearson 10M, #43, Oakland, CA

waughoo

I just bought my new oberdorfer 908 from pumpsandpartsonline.com just today.  It was the best price I could find.  The price was even a bit lower than defender 1st pricing.  I called Depco and they quoted a price a full 100 dollars higher.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Ron Hill

Alex : Good for you and thanks for posting that site!!  Guess that DEPCO has gotten greedy and jacked up their prices!!

Thanks again for sharing your information - Now other can save some BoatBucks!!   :thumb:

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Quote from: waughoo on March 15, 2021, 11:13:10 PM
I just bought my new oberdorfer 908 from pumpsandpartsonline.com just today.  It was the best price I could find.  The price was even a bit lower than defender 1st pricing.  I called Depco and they quoted a price a full 100 dollars higher.

Alex,

I just tried a www.pumpsandpartsonline.com  in front of your resource to see if it would create a workable direct link.

It did.  I'll add it to the 101 Topics.  Thx again.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

waughoo

Depco did ask if i was a retail or wholesale customer.  Perhaps they got guff from their distributors for selling direct to the customer and had to discontinue selling to the public at wholesale pricing.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Patches

I bought my new Oberdorfer replacement from Ken, and was very happy I did.

I started looking last fall when there were no--zero--pumps anywhere.  I verified this by calling all over the country. Ken responded promptly and put me on his list.  When one pump became available from a source, he nabbed it for me.  He still gave me the C34 discount, and followed up with parts and detailed instructions on how to install it.

So if you are looking for pumps and parts, I would PM Ken and he can probably save you a lot of steps and $.

Patches

waughoo

Ken's price is VERY compelling and he offers an upgrade too wherby studs replace the clamping bolts on the m35.  Please consider him as well when sourcing a replacement. 
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Admiral_Swellson

I'm sure I'm the only one in the world who doesn't know what is meant by "Ken" in reference to purchasing parts but can someone enlighten me? An online forum is a much better resource when contributors remember that new readers may not have as much background context as old ones.  :D

waughoo

Ken is a forum member and his user name on here is KWKloeber.  He is quite active so you'll see posts from him quite regularly.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Admiral_Swellson

waughoo

Not sure that he has a store.  I contacted him through direct message on here when I was enquiring about his pump options.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Indian Falls

For heat exchangers go to Lenco Coolers

www.lencocoolers.com
Phone: (631) 842-4049

The H/X part number was LE302631  and about 350.00.

The 299835CN pictured on their site looks right but is not....don' ask how I know.

Dan & Dar
s/v Resolution, 1990 C34 997
We have enough youth: how about a fountain of "smart"?