A perfect February day in San Diego

Previous topic - Next topic

Noah

Solo-sailing 3-miles offshore; a new mainsail, an 11-knot breeze, a close reach, and smooth water. Doesn't get much better!😎
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

scgunner

Noah,

No it does not! SoCal sailing at it's best. There's something to be said about a solo sail with no particular destination in mind. Sometimes I go down to the boat to check something or work on something and realize this thing's a boat and it's a beautiful day so maybe I'll just go out and take a peek. Then two or three hours later I find myself back in the slip thinking whatever I came down to do I can always do tomorrow.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

ewengstrom

Okay Noah.....you're a tease.  8)
At least the snow and ice has melted off of the boat for now....and I can sorta tell that nice weather is right around the corner....and then some dude posts some pics if him enjoying what most of us can only dream of right now.......
Can't wait to be "out there" too.... :thumb:
Eric Wengstrom
s/v Ohana
Colonial Beach, Virginia
1988 Catalina 34 MKI TR/WK
Hull #564
Universal M25XP
Rocna 15

waughoo

Quote from: scgunner on March 01, 2021, 07:17:12 AM
Noah,

No it does not! SoCal sailing at it's best. There's something to be said about a solo sail with no particular destination in mind. Sometimes I go down to the boat to check something or work on something and realize this thing's a boat and it's a beautiful day so maybe I'll just go out and take a peek. Then two or three hours later I find myself back in the slip thinking whatever I came down to do I can always do tomorrow.

Looking forward to days just like this!!
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

oldcatsailor

Two and a half months , until then ski my face off.🏔
Sail 1064 Tr wing keel 1990/

Stu Jackson

Sweet, thanks for sharing.  This is simply one of the nicest one of these posts I've ever seen.  Usually they throw in some "while yuze guys're freezing" malarkey.  But not here.  It's good to remind us of good times we've had and those yet to come.

In the meantime, I'm back off to continue resurrect my 30 year N scale model railroad.  Lots of track cleaning, some re-building including an up&over pair of bridges.  Got locos to run around the entire set after more than a week's worth of work.

Electrical issues are just like boats!   :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

waughoo

Cool on the trains Stu.  I have a lionel that my dad recieved when he was 4 years old.  It is prob now about 73 or 74 years old.  We get it out for the christmas tree now and again.  It is a fun memory to share with my dad when we do christmas.  I know it isn't Catalina 34 related, but a photo of your layout would be fun to see.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Stu Jackson

Quote from: waughoo on March 01, 2021, 06:39:00 PM
Cool on the trains Stu.  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>I know it isn't Catalina 34 related, but a photo of your layout would be fun to see.

I had Lionels as a kid.  Lost somewhere during my many moves, darn it.  I built this N scale in 1987.  What's left are the tracks and control panel, the scenic stuff is all in boxes.  I am in the process of cleaning all the tracks and getting stuff to run before I go any further.  Here's the track plan.  When I get the locomotives and cars back on the tracks I plan to take some photos to share with my new friends on the n scale forum and could post them here, too.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

waughoo

Thats a cool set up!  I look forward to seeing some photos.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Frasse Pelle

Noah

March is as good in San Diego. Saturday 15-20knots chilly but sunny. Averaged 6.2 knots over 4 hours :D. Made it to the Mexican boarder.

Francois
S/V Whitecaps
S/V Whitecaps - Hull #1292 - 1995

Noah

1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

waughoo

Love these sailing photos.  I was up at my boat today to finish up some details required to fix my sliding hatch interference prior to my Iverson Dodger appointment.  I'm getting excited to go sailing on my own boat for the first time.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Stu Jackson

Quote from: waughoo on March 02, 2021, 07:06:22 PM
Thats a cool set up!  I look forward to seeing some photos.

Alex, I joined the n scale forum, much like this one with nice folks and great help.

I started posting here:

https://www.nscale.net/forums/showthread.php?15459-Monopoly-and-Octopus-RR-Layout

The original post was another modeler from 2009 !!! and my first post is on page one, #29.

It's a rebuilding work-in-progress.  Before my moves I had buildings set up.  Now it's just a board with tracks and me playing civil and electrical engineer.

waughoo

Thanks for posting Stu.  I read the thread posts you made.  Unfortunately one has to be a forum member to see the photos :-(
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Stu Jackson

Quote from: waughoo on March 12, 2021, 07:12:37 AM
Thanks for posting Stu.  I read the thread posts you made.  Unfortunately one has to be a forum member to see the photos :-(

So, Alex, join up.  Costs ya the same as this forum!   :D  You might have to post a few comments to see the flix, too.  But if you continue there as you have here, I won't have to pay you to say nice things about me there, either!   :D