Refitting Polonaise

Previous topic - Next topic

LogoFreak

Alex, in my case I have an in-mast furling main, so the outhall pulls the sail out and the furling line pulls it back in. I also control with it how deep I want the main to be just like you would with a traditional outhall.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
1992 Catalina 34 Tall rig fin keel mk 1.5 "Polonaise"
Hull number 1179

Jon W

To avoid breaking the locking tab on the XAS, don't smack the handle down to close them.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

LogoFreak

Literally the first thing I did when I realized they had that satisfying click lol! Thanks for the tip!
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

waughoo

Antoni,

Thanks for the reminder.  I had forgotten about your roller reefing setup.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

LogoFreak

Today I received a Lewmar 30ST I ordered from eBay, it matches one of the cabin top winches I have and now it and the one I got are getting mounted on the mast. Spent a couple of hours on the computer drawing up a mount design. Mount base has a 5ยบ offset. Base plate is 6x6in, I just have to figure out to what degree I need to bend the "feet" to.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

LogoFreak

I'm looking for some ideas where you guys have mounted all your electronic "black boxes". I need to mount the acu-200, ais700 and ray90 radio. So far the only idea I like is to remove the shelf above the nav station and place them there behind a bulkhead like in the mkII. Any other options?
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

Ron Hill

Antoni : I mounted a few items way in the back (up high) of the hanging locker on the port side. 

You have to be thin and be able to turn on your side, but they are out of the way!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Noah

I think his holding tank was or is going his hanging locker?
On my MK l which has a lower switch panel than the MKll, I used the space above the switch panel and built a removable teak plywood bulkhead/panel where I mounted the faceplates of several instruments and various black box type components are concealed behind it. I also mounted some stuff deep in the hanging locker as well.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

LogoFreak

Quote from: Ron Hill on October 11, 2021, 01:33:52 PM
Antoni : I mounted a few items way in the back (up high) of the hanging locker on the port side. 

You have to be thin and be able to turn on your side, but they are out of the way!!

A thought

I know what you mean! I have my toilet control module mounted there. Was a struggle but I managed lol!
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

LogoFreak

Quote from: Noah on October 11, 2021, 02:46:42 PM
I think his holding tank was or is going his hanging locker?
On my MK l which has a lower switch panel than the MKll, I used the space above the switch panel and built a removable teak plywood bulkhead/panel where I mounted the faceplates of several instruments and various black box type components are concealed behind it. I also mounted some stuff deep in the hanging locker as well.

I will be going with what you've done, I've changed my mind with the holding tank location. It is now going to be where the fuel tank is and a new fuel tank is going to get fabricated to go where the aft water tank lives and a new water tank is getting mounted under the v-berth. Lol! I'm sure it seems to most of you like I just want to move #### around for the hell of it lol.

There's a logic to my madness.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

waughoo

My plan is to box in the area above my electrical panel to allow flush mount of displays and panels and the black boxes behind.  This boxed in area will also gobble up the sliding door cabinet at the very top.  I have never found that area to be very useful for much.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

LogoFreak

Agreed! I was only trying to see if others have found other places that make sense.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

Jon W

I also made a fascia above the main distribution panel to mount AIS, Last Watch 2, and DC switch panel for AIS, Last Watch 2, propane, fixed VHF, and portable VHF charger. Chart plotter has the Raymarine cover on vertical section. The tablet is my repeater for the cockpit. I store it there on a Ram mount attached to the teak rack. Only other electronic boxes are the digital echo charge and MPPT controllers for solar. They are mounted to a "breadboard" under the starboard sette where it's dry, cool, and protected from damage.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
San Diego, Ca

waughoo

I also have some ideas for the vertical bulkhead at the aft end of the nav table.  There is so much space there to make use of.

Also, how did you mount the "breadboard" at the stbd setee? I like that idea for solar controllers and my victron orion (similar to an echo charger).
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Jon W

I cut a piece of plywood to a length and trimmed to fit vertically between the hull and the underside of the fiberglass that the outboard salon cushion sits on. I painted both sides except where the adhesive bond would be before installing. I then used adhesive epoxy to bond it top and bottom. Attached a picture from my electrical write-up that might help.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
San Diego, Ca