Refitting Polonaise

Previous topic - Next topic

waughoo

Quote from: LogoFreak on April 16, 2021, 08:10:29 PM
Quote from: waughoo on April 16, 2021, 08:22:46 AM
It is like the inflight map for anyone interested down below!!

LOL! In the near future there's an AR kit coming, so I will also have a video feed ponying forward. I can run down to make myself a sandwich and still see what's happening outside :-)

Awesome... the sandwich making came to mind when I saw your setup.  I thought, how perfect!!!  I could make a snack and monitor the radar, chartplotter and AIS. 

Have you watched any of Sail Life on the youtubes?  He mounted a camera at the mast head.  It would be good for spotting underwater obstructions on a very shiny weather day.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

waughoo

Quote from: Jon W on April 16, 2021, 09:06:39 AM
Me either. Two of the questions I asked myself when I added Raymarine electronics were even with a bimini, dodger, and connector do I want to plot a course in the weather, and do I want to run more or less wire?

I have always wanted a nav station mounted plotter for route planning in the comfort of the cabin.  In a perfect world, i would gave a wifi enabled chartplotter so I could do the planning on a tablet and then exwcute it from the helm.  That said, I am CONSTANTLY moving about my chart when at the helm to check depths, obstructions etc.  Not having one at my fingertips would be hard to deal with.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Jon W

The WIFI enabled plotters and their apps for tablets/laptops and phones are great. Paired with a NMEA network you get a lot of options and flexibility.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

LogoFreak

Chart plotter moved down below, so far don't miss it up in the cockpit. iPhone with navionics in my pocket at all times anyway. Maybe if I was in an unfamiliar area I would miss it but so far so good.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
1992 Catalina 34 Tall rig fin keel mk 1.5 "Polonaise"
Hull number 1179

waughoo

Love the action shots!!  I'm still working on mine so much so that it can't be sailed.  We have a trip planned for next weekend.  Lot's to do yet, but I can see the finish line!  Can't wait for the first shake down trip.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

LogoFreak

Another project ticked off my list.

Forward cabin port/starboard USB-c/a charger and power socket.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

waughoo

Ive got these on my list too!  I like that spot you chose.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

girmann

Quote from: waughoo on April 16, 2021, 08:22:45 PM
Have you watched any of Sail Life on the youtubes? 

<Wears "Oh Glorious Sanding tshirt>  :D :D :D
Proud owner of hull #1488

LogoFreak

Finished with the electrical install in the forward cabin
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

waughoo

Have you made a quick access panel for that fuse panel or do you have to remove the whole bulkhead?
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

LogoFreak

Stopped by the candy store on the way home from work... Someone bent my rubber arm and I went home with a new Raymarine Doppler 2 radar and the AIS700  :D :clap
P.S. All I went in for was to get some LED bulbs lol
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

waughoo

Oh man!!! I got banished from ebay for similar behavior.  Just picked up a bunch of lightly used i70 displays, a p70 AP control, an itc5, and an ev-200 sensor core.  Did I need any of that? Well, no, but it sure is COOL!!!
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Ron Hill

Guys : For those of you that do not want to go thru all the work that Antoni did to get a USB charger port here are some other ideas: 

Look in an auto parts store and get a USB adapter plug that goes into a 12 V cigarette lighter plug and or most of the small cig plug inverters have a 115AC and a USB plugin!!

You can also change out your 110V AC plugs to ones that also have a USB built in port!!

Just make sure that any electrical plugs/equipment are Underwriters Lab certified so you don't get an unsafe Chinese knock off!!

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

LogoFreak

Replaced/upgraded the cabin too clutches. Only messed up on hole lol
A pair of spinlock XAS triple clutches. I have no halyards in the cockpit with the exception of my Gennaker halyard so the smaller XAS will do. I now have from port to starboard, spin halyard/outhall/main furling/topping lift/boom vang/main sheet.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

waughoo

Nice... i did this recently but used the garhauer tripple clutch.  I'm curious about your outhaul at the cockpit.  I cant say i have ever heard of that being done on a C34.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte