Refitting Polonaise

Previous topic - Next topic

LogoFreak

Figured I'd started a thread to compile all the different project into one place, I'll probably sit down and add links to the various threads I started previously here.

Bottom job is done, painted and ready to go. This week is just final assembly of all essential systems before I get back in the water on Friday.

The boat had several blisters that needed attention and as previously stated in another thread I eliminated some thru hulls and relocated others.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
1992 Catalina 34 Tall rig fin keel mk 1.5 "Polonaise"
Hull number 1179

LogoFreak

More pictures
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

LogoFreak

Painting
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

LogoFreak

More pics
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

waughoo

Looking forward to updates to this thread.  I have considered doing one for my boat as well (called a build thread in the car forum world).  I would enjoy sharing it and likely it would result in some discussion.  Please keep your photos coming.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

wingman

great pics and updates, keep 'em coming.
2000 MkII, wing keel, #1471

LogoFreak

New prop (Campbell sailor, D14 RH P8), new zincs, new SS coupling, new R&D flexible coupling.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

LogoFreak

All new Trudesign ball valves with load bearing collars.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

LogoFreak

Today I'm working on putting the rudder back on and re assembling the steering system. Custom top rudder bearing going in, setting it down on a bead of thickened epoxy just so it sits perfectly flush and square to the rudder stock.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

Patches

Knowing what is entailed in all that work, I'm going to go take 4 ibuprofen--and maybe crack a beer-- just looking at your photos.

Looks good.

Patches

Ron Hill

Antoni : I noted your prop 14"diameter 8" pitch - if I read it correctly.  Why didn't you go to a 15" D & 10" P ? 
Just off hand the cord surface area looks to be much less than the Catalina Sailor prop.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

LogoFreak

It was a recommendation from Campbell sailor, I tested the prop last season and it performed very well.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

LogoFreak

All ball valves installed today.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

LogoFreak

Rudder and steering system back together today, couple of hiccups but all worked out in the end. Thickened epoxy cured over night, now I have a base that is square to the rudder shaft and the top collar that holds the rudder in place was also turned on a lathe to be perfectly square to the shaft. Radial drive installed and steering cables attached and tensioned. The rudder feels amazing, 200% smoother than before and I have no rudder play.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

Roc

Nice work!  I forgot where I read this, but I think you should put your shaft zincs closer to the skeg. 
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD