LogoFreak

It's being documented on this thread.
https://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,10763.0.html

Acu is mounted at the nav station.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
1992 Catalina 34 Tall rig fin keel mk 1.5 "Polonaise"
Hull number 1179

Noah

Logo—I thought you were moving your new electrical panel up where there appears now to be a Raymarine box?
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

waughoo

Noah,

This is a mock up.  He was waiting on the panel parts from Blue sea so left a cut out for now to maintain use of the existing panel.  What youre seeing here is the behind area of that plywood hinged panel he posted recently (hope I got that all correct Logo).
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Noah

I still don't get it. If the new AC/DC instrument panel is raised up above where the old one is, then the rectangular Raymarine brain box will have to move, or it be "trapped behind the new panel??? What am I missing?
Standard Rig

LogoFreak

Alex, you're hired!  :clap

Noah, the new panel that spans the entire width of the nav station has also been moved further away from the hull. That space is now deeper so a dc panels depth won't come anywhere near the acu-200, and it is also hinged so access to what's behind is super easy and convenient. I may still change my mind about the exact mounting location on that new panel, which is why this is just a mock up that will serve me well for this season.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

Noah

:thumb: Interested in seeing the final outcome.
Standard Rig

waughoo

Whew!!  Was worried I might have remembered wrong.  I have similar plans in mind for my boat so I have been paying EXTRA close attention to this set up.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

LogoFreak

Here Noah, this is where it's at right now.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

Noah

Guess it will depend on how deep your new electrical panel is. My Blue Sea 360 panel is quite deep when AC protective cover etc. is on.
Standard Rig

LogoFreak

I'm using the traditional metal panels, considered the 360 but I honestly prefer the look of the traditional panel. I'm moving my AC panel to a different location, I lost count on how many times I've zapped myself while working behind the panel. Ac/dc side by side is a bad idea in my opinion.

Just finished adding the victron cerbo GX to the system, unfortunately I forgot to buy the ve.direct cable that connects my smart shunt to the cerbo so no data I can display at the moment. Screen is super nice very responsive and I'd say higher resolution that my axiom 9 chart plotter. Going to be adding lots of victron equipment so this touch 70 display is definitely cool to have. One stop shop for a complete overview of the boats electrical system, both dc and ac.

Placement of both boxes and screens is definitely temporary, as said before I'm slapping it on and living with it this season to determine the layout I want.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

Noah

What do you mean by " I'm using the traditional metal panels". Have a pic.?
Standard Rig

LogoFreak

Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

Noah

QUOTE: " I'm moving my AC panel to a different location, I lost count on how many times I've zapped myself while working behind the panel. Ac/dc side by side is a bad idea in my opinion...."

Regardless of where you locate your panel(s), I urge you to "de-energize" them before poking around the back of them.
Standard Rig

LogoFreak

Oh absolutely, if I'm working on AC side I always pull the shore power cord. Thing is I was getting zapped while working on DC side because of the proximity of all the AC stuff.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

waughoo

Envious of that cerbo Logo.  I have that on my list but not likely until I install the MP 2k watt inv/chrg.  That will likely be NEXT season's project.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte