Refitting Polonaise

Previous topic - Next topic

waughoo

Thanks Antony.  I look forward to seeing Polonaise in the flesh.  You are making a one of a kind!!!  Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

LogoFreak

Well it was a solid 6 hours tooling around in the workshop, mostly because I was learning how to use my trim router and get the fit I wanted to get my axiom 9 flush mounted. Then a ton of screw holes drilled for the hinge (couldn't mount it hidden because I only had 1/2 plywood and needed 3/4 in order to mount the hinge the right way). All a fiddly process. Keep in mind this is a temp setup so I can use the boat this season and also figure out the best layout, come fall I'll have an idea if that layout works for me and make something more permanent with teak trim and hopefully a teak veneered plywood to match.

The hole at the bottom is temporary as well as I haven't received the blue sea panel I ordered, so for now hope serves as an access for oem panel.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
1992 Catalina 34 Tall rig fin keel mk 1.5 "Polonaise"
Hull number 1179

waughoo

What do you plan to put directly over the elec panel?
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

LogoFreak

Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

waughoo

So that begs the question, what goes UNDER the new electrical panel!!
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

LogoFreak

At the moment all of my bus bars and terminal strips are behind there, likely to keep it that way. Tuu hi is season I'll get a good idea of the layout and what I might want to change and in the fall/winter I'll finalize the setup.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

LogoFreak

Antennas, radar and camera installed! It's a functional test fit which means I'll wire it all to get it working, and use it for a couple of weeks to make sure I don't want any changes or additions to the pole it's all mounted on. If it's all good then I'll take it down to have the whole thing powder coated.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

waughoo

A camera too!?!!  Schnazzy!
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

LogoFreak

Yes! Super excited to put it to use, I also got everything else to make the AR system work. Next time I take the mast down I'll add another one at the masthead so I can do log watches in comfort  :clap
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

waughoo

The mast head camera location would be fabulous!!  Imagine the situational awareness you'll have when you step down below on autopilot with that GIANT screen on the fwd bulkhead repeating the plotter!!! NOICE!!
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

LogoFreak

All new LED lights added yesterday  :clap
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

waughoo

Very nice!!  I have all LED illumination aboard now, but still haven't gotten to cove lights.  Looks super cozy!
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

LogoFreak

I have 3 jobs left before I call it quits for the season, in order of importance.

1. Prep bow for bow sprit
2. Build the mount for the linear drive (below deck autopilot)
3. Build the enclosure for the 4 i70s and 1 p70s displays that goes above the companion way.
Antoni - Vancouver BC
Hull number 1179

waughoo

That looks like an ambitious list!!!  I am trying to get my heater/boiler and all associated parts mounted in the lazzerette area and will then likely clean up for the season.  I don't think I will get the heat exchangers mounted till the fall... unless maybe...
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

KeelsonGraham

Quote from: LogoFreak on April 28, 2022, 08:46:55 PM
I have 3 jobs left before I call it quits for the season, in order of importance.

1. Prep bow for bow sprit
2. Build the mount for the linear drive (below deck autopilot)
3. Build the enclosure for the 4 i70s and 1 p70s displays that goes above the companion way.

Hey Logo, I'm very interested to see how you do the below decks actuator mounting. Lots of pics please! Have you decided where to put the ACU yet? I'm in two minds, either by the chart table, or on the forward bulkhead of the stbd lazarette.
2006 Catalina 34 Mk II. Hull No:1752. Engine: M35 BC.