Rub rail insert

Previous topic - Next topic

gwp

Just placed an order for numerous items for my 88' C34 to repair from hurricane Sally. Just realized that I failed to order the rub rail insert but looking on their site it is not listed? However if they do have it I'll probably have to order waaaaay more than I need, as what they show is well over$200. I only need about 10 feet. If anyone has some in their scrap pile they would sell me or know where I can get a short length I would so appreciate. Thanks much!

NewToTheRoad

Lori & Bryan
1988 C34, M25XP, Std Rig, Fin Keel - Hull # 697
Portsmouth, RI

gwp

Phil Spicer

Called Catalina for a roll of tan rub rail last year and was told they only had short sections of tan. No roll large enough to do the entire boat so I had to go to the high dollar supplier. Call Catalina and see if they still
have some of the tan short sections. That would fit the aluminum without a problem.
Our boat had the original rub rail and it was dry and had shrunk to the point that it would come out of the aluminum rail if it would bump the dock. So I had to replace all of the rub rail. Make a call to Catalina and let us know how you make out finding the tan rub rail.
Phil & Marsha,Sandusky Sailing Club. Steamboat is #789,tall/wing-Unv M25XP/Hurth ZF 50 trans.

gwp

Very interesting! Will call tomorrow. Thank you!