M35B Exhaust Maniford

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Krawford

I have a friend with a C350 and the M35B engine.  He's looking to replace the exhaust manifold but was rightfully taken back by the prices for a factory replacement.  I suggested looking at Kubota as another possibility. 
His research showed "the M35B engine block is a Kubota model V1305-E which they use in their "bobcats". The only exhaust manifold I can find from them is what I would call a "straight pipe" manifold that you would typically see on a car engine."
Is that correct or is he looking in the wrong place?
Thanks.
Ken Krawford
C350 Hull 351  2005 Universal M35B

KWKloeber

Ken K-

The exhaust manifold on the Universal engines are one of the parts that "marineize' the Kubota block  it's from Westerbeke not Kubota. Sorry for the bad new$. What's wrong with the manifold?

-Ken K
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ron Hill

Ken Kraw.. :  Valid question - what's wrong with it??  That manifold I believe is cast iron and can possibly be welded if cracked? 

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Ken Krawford

Here's a couple of pictures of the manifold.  He noticed the coolant level wasn't moving in the reservoir and found this when the elbow was removed.
Ken Krawford
C350 Hull 351  2005 Universal M35B