C34 Windlass and AC installer on Chesapeake

Previous topic - Next topic

Medved

Hi all, I just purchased a 1988 C34 and have few projects that I want to do on the boat, one of them being windlass and another AC. Anyone can recommend an installer/yard on the Chesapeake?

waughoo

I'm not local so I can't address the question, but wanted to welcome you to the board as well as congratulate you on the boat.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

glennd3

I used A star Yacht services in Annapolis  to install my ac. I am happy with the job. Mike Coleman 1 443 351 7827
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

Ron Hill

Med : If you want a windlass that is inside your 2 door anchor well, look at my Mainsheet tech note article (w/pictures) on how to do it!  There are other windlass installations in WiKi and on this Message board.

The installer of your AC unit can easily do it for you!   

Welcome aboard :thumb:

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Analgesic

I did the same install of a Lewmar V700 last winter on my '88  following Ron's write up exactly and couldn't be happier-flawless performance almost paid for itself last summer saving on mooring fees and my back doesn't hurt anymore!
Brian McPhillips  1988 #584  M25XP

crieders

I went with a Maxwell on the side of the inset found in the locker. The installation looks pretty good. Can't wait to try it out this spring
Cliff Rieders, c34 tall rig, 1990, hull #1022

Ron Hill

Med : You've got the correct site!!   For the 1986-1988 C34s with a double door anchor well Good luck.

Cliff : The 1989 C34s have a Different anchor-well insides than the single door 1990 and subsequent MKIs C34s !!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Eisensail

Welcome, Medved! 

Cliff,  I have a 1990 mk 1.5 with the same locker interior as yours.  I am thinking of putting a Maxwell in there. What model did you go with?  Have any pics of the install? Thanks!

Eisensail

Sorry, I see my question being addressed in another active thread. Please ignore my question here. :abd: