Cabin Fan Recommendations?

Previous topic - Next topic

reedbr

I need to install two or three small cabin fans in my MKII.  I especially need one in the aft cabin and one in the galley.  What models do you all use and/or recommend.  I am looking for a combination of quiet, low power consumption, and effectiveness.  I think a two speed would give me more options for quiet and power usage.  I see Hella's, Camfro's, and the basic RV style oscillating fan in most of the boat stores.  

Any opinions?

Brian Reed
1997 C34 mkII "Ambitious"
Solomons, MD
Brian Reed
1997 C34 mkII "Ambitious"
St. Mary's River, MD

Gene Regan

Dear Brian,
 The Hella's are great , have 4 in mine, had guest and used more current and moved less air.
  I believe they are available in white and black and in 1 or two speeds ,I have the two speed models, they are also quieter than the others I've had.
Good Hunting
Gene Regan
Freedom 713

gene regan

Roc

Brian,
I also have the Hella fans.  I believe they were rated high by PS.  I am very happy with them.

Roc-
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Norris Johnson

I just ordered two Hellas for my MKII. They are on back order from Sailnet.com. I ordered them based on recommendations from a friend.
Paisano
Catalina 36 MkII 95
Hitchcock, Texas

Jim Price

I have Hellas, one in aft berth, one in V-berth and currently installing two in saloon for cross ventalation.  They are very quiet even on high speed; use very little power.
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA

karista

Being in Florida, fan's are a must! I have a total of 7 Hella fans, 3 in the aft cabin, 2 in the main cabin, 1 in the head and 1 in the V-berth. Hella fans are simply the best (and most expensive).
B. Mueller

captran

The previous owner installed four hella on Voyager.  Maybe it's placement but I have found they use more power and move significantly less air than the one crafmo that we added.  I'm thinking of replacing all the hellas but it's alittle lower on the project list.  We use the boat only during the summer with a 9 week trip to the Bahamas.  I believe PS rated the Crafmo better but I'd have to retrieve the article.

mike baker

We also have 4 Hella fans and are very satisfied.  They are quiet and move a lot of air.

Mike Baker #815 "Gray Hawk"