Parting out

Previous topic - Next topic

kh3412

Ok Had a thread about our boats getting older (along with us) well the person cutting it up gave the go ahead to offer parts for sale.
He has ask me to handle this.
So if anybody has a need for parts please let me know. The boat will probably get cut up in the spring as winter has been showing its
ugly face.
The boat is a MKl, Keel stepped, do not know the year as of yet.
Please understand this is not a commercial operation and the boat is three hours driving away.
I will try to get a list of what people want and get pictures of those items.
Again remember this a fundraiser for the Sea scouts  and not a business.

1987 mk1 a work in progress #618

mdidomenico

it might be helpful to remind people where the boat is to determine whether shipping is feasible.  as well as a quick sweep picture of the inside and outside.  might spark someone into remembering that they need a new one of ... or they never had a ...

i might be interesting in;

running rigging, blocks, winches, etc
dinnette table support
propane locker box
bimini (if it had one), but this is probably too large to ship to NJ

1989 Cat34 #856, original m-25xp

Jon W

Do you know the color and condition of the interior cushions?
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

KWKloeber

Quote from: topic=10807

the person cutting it up gave the go ahead to offer parts for sale.

I'm wondering if you want to list it here and just keep updating [ie, modify] your post as you get more details, photos, descriptions, etc.

Catalina 34s Parts & Pieces For Sale or Wanted
https://c34.org/bbs/index.php/board,26.0.html
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

jonathanc34

Parts that I would purchase:

Pilot cushion in good shape
All interior portlet surrounds. Mine went missing somewhere along the way.
Starboard side exterior narrow teak strip, the decorative strip. Mine is missing a piece.
Portlet plastic if clear. Mine are hazy, replacements are expensive.

Where is the boat?

Thanks for doing this, happy to help w your fundraiser.
'Owenoke' 1988 C34 Hull 548 Tall/Wing M-25XP
Worton Creek Marina, MD

She'll make .5 past 6 knots. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts. (I've added some special modifications myself.)

Sundance

Seeing that I use to own this boat, I'd be happy to help determine the age and condition of pretty much everything and anything.
Jeff
2001 C34 #1581
"Sundance"
Sandusky, OH

Ted Pounds

Quote from: jonathanc34 on November 22, 2020, 06:08:38 PM
Parts that I would purchase:

Pilot cushion in good shape
All interior portlet surrounds. Mine went missing somewhere along the way.
Starboard side exterior narrow teak strip, the decorative strip. Mine is missing a piece.
Portlet plastic if clear. Mine are hazy, replacements are expensive.

Where is the boat?

Thanks for doing this, happy to help w your fundraiser.

Regarding the decorative teak strip:  if I still had my C34 I'd replace the strips with PlasTeak (https://www.plasteak.com/). I replaced all the wood on my Gloucester 19 with PlasTeak.  It looks great and ZERO maintenance.  Beyond that I think it's a great idea to recycle the other parts. 👍
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

scgunner

Ted,

We're on the same page, I'm all for zero maintenance. My philosophy is the less you have to work on the boat, the more you'll use and enjoy the boat. I replaced all my exterior teak with Starboard plastic, which is not only zero maintenance but gives the boat an updated look. For that teak brow, which I found difficult to maintain, I just replaced it with a 1/2" colored boat stripe tape.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

Jon W

Jeff, what color and what condition are the interior cushions in the salon and bench seat in the aft cabin?
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
San Diego, Ca

Sundance

Cushions are navy blue.  The middle-top of the starboard cushion is bad, but other than that they were all in pretty good shape.
Jeff
2001 C34 #1581
"Sundance"
Sandusky, OH

mark_53

Quote from: Sundance on November 24, 2020, 08:16:43 AM
Cushions are navy blue.

Looks grey to me.  I could use the aft cabin cushion covers if they are good and the same color as what's shown.  Not navy blue.

Bill Shreeves

Some items I might be interested in depending on their condition- Pics?

Upgraded: Binnacle Guard, Wheel, NavPod?
Anchor Roller?
Port & Stbd salon sliding doors?
Interior Portlite plastic trim?
Upgraded companionway?
Hatch / Companionway screens?
Electrical Panel
Cockpit Engine Panel
Davits?

I'm not interested but many may be very interested in transmission, heat exchanger, water pump etc.
The only thing that always works on an old boat is the owner...

Bill Shreeves
s/v "Begnnings" 1987 Shoal Draft #333
M25XPB, Worton Creek, MD

Ekutney

Thanks for posting the pics.
Ed Kutney
1986 C34
S/V Grace #42 shoal keel
Universal M-25
Magothy River
Severna Park, MD

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Jon W

Thanks Jeff. My interior is green except for the aft cabin bench which is brown thanks to one of the PO's. If the interior plastic trim pieces around the 6 opening portlights are unbroken, I'd be interested in all 6.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
San Diego, Ca

waughoo

I'd be interested in the plastic port light trims.  I know someone above also mentioned those.  If for any reason those end up being passed on, im a strong candidate.

Also, if possible, the wood trim surrounding the saloon hatch.  Min was removed by a previous owner when an inexpensive hatch replacement took place.  Id like to restore it to the correct hatch and trim at some point.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte