Water Heater Final

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Juul

Replaced the Seaward S600 last night.  Straight forward.  Removed the door and frame under the sink.  Undid the connections for the water, engine coolant and electricity and it just slid right out the hole.  Installation was just the reverse.  The mounting tabs are slightly different than the original so I will need to come up with some sort of adapter plate to hold the heater in place.  Before the change the water pump would cycle about every 3-5 minutes.  After the change it held pressure for over 30 minutes before I turned the pump off.  

I took the cover off the old tank.  The weld that failed was internal.  Water was leaking out of the tank around one of the coolant input nipples.  Would have been too hard to repair.

Think all the major stuff is done.  Ready to spend some time on the water, rather than repairing.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

mvazmina

I still haven't gotten to repair mine, sometimes work get in the way.  Is the Seaward the square or round unit? Also how hard was it to get the old unit out. Mine old unit is the round and it looks like it is really in tight either that ioe the rust is holding it in.

Thanks for the help