High tide

Previous topic - Next topic

glennd3

I thought you might like to see a Catalina 34 that caught the pier during a high tide. Might have to adjust his lines next time.
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

scgunner

Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

waughoo

Imagine showing up for a wonderful day of sailing to find this.  Dang that would be a bummer.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Ron Hill

Guys : Had a similar situation happen at our Yacht Club. 
That's why it's in the job description of the (paid) Dockmaster - to check the lines of boats during unusual WX and adjust as necessary and contact the owners!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Roland Gendreau

Something tells me backing out is going to be difficult.  Just a feeling.
Roland Gendreau
1992 MK 1.5
Gratitude #1183
Bristol, RI

Steve McGill

CLARITY 1988 #588 TRWK (sold 8/2023 after 17 yrs)
Chesapeake, Herring Bay, MD

scgunner

I'm sure the marina wouldn't have any problem with that.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

waughoo

SCGUNNER,

In unrelated news... There is a C34 for sale and in the listing photo, it looked like it was your boat!  I looked closer to see that it was the same logo/font style, but was actually Tom Cruise for the name in the middle. 

Okay... back to your regularly scheduled conversation.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

scgunner

I wonder if someone is trying to sell my boat, maybe I'd better go down and check for "For Sale" signs.

"Tom Cruise", that's an interesting name for a boat. When my boat was built in '86 the movie was a smash hit and it seemed like every other new boat(sail and power) was named "Top Gun". My boat was also given that name by the original owner and even though the C34 is not a high performance boat, as the name would suggest, I just never bothered to change it. The logo I used was copied off the movie poster.