Spinlocks on Cabin Top

Previous topic - Next topic

Luana

I have been developing my winter project list since May.  I need to replace a few cam locks on the cabin top and will have to drill a few more holes in the cabin top.  I was told there is a metal plate located under where the the bank of spinlocks are located. I don't have a problem tapping new screw holes. I'm wondering if in fact there is a metal plate located under the spinlocks.

Thanks.
Rod
Graylin 2002 Cat34 Mkll
Rod
Graylin  #1677

Colonel Butler

2006 Catalina 34MkII "Calypso"
Hull #1746
Niagara-on-the-Lake Sailing Club
Niagara-on-the-Lake ON Canada

Dave Spencer

Great information Col.  :clap
This looks like a good candidate for the Tech Wiki. Hopefully someone who knows how to do it could post this useful document there; perhaps under "Hull".
Dave Spencer
C34 #1279  "Good Idea"
Mk 1.5, Std Rig, Wing Keel, M35A Engine
Boat - Midland, Ontario (formerly Lion's Head)
People - London, Ontario

Luana

Many thanks for the information.  Its useful not only for this specific project but important general information.  Cheers
Rod
Graylin  #1677

KWKloeber

PS:  If anyone has other "Catalina Factory Issued Mods, Fixes, Construction Details, other documents" that I can post on the Wiki, please email them or point me to them and I'll get them up on that page.

-k

Quote from: KWKloeber on September 25, 2020, 11:24:16 PM
@Dave:  Done. Posted

Actually for ease in management/updating, I had previously started posting those type documents on the "CTY Manuals" Wiki page:  "Catalina Factory Issued Mods, Fixes, Construction Details, other documents" -- so it is there. 
But I also added a link to those type documents under "Hull".

https://c34.org/wiki/index.php?title=Hull
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain