Removing the Nav Table

Previous topic - Next topic

britinusa

Prepping for my rewire of the electrical panel, I recognize that it might be easier if the Nav table was moved out of the way for the project.

Anyone done that (removed the nav table) that can give any 'be careful' hints.
OR - don't botther, moving it doesn't help.

Thanks.

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

Jon W

I didn't remove it when I upgraded my electrical system.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

mdidomenico

i pulled my nav table, my hull is a little later then yours, but it came out pretty easy.  if i recall correctly it just has a few bolts through into the hanging locker.  as for easing access, i can't say that access is any better, you just don't have to constantly lean over the table all the time (which my back appreciates)
1989 Cat34 #856, original m-25xp

Ron Hill

Paul : The few times that I've had to remove the electrical panel face and work behind it - my back told me that I was stupid for having to lean over that table!!   :cry4` 

You are going to be doing a lot of work -  REMOVE THAT TABLE!!   :thumb:

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Ekutney

When I did my rewiring last year I left the Nav table in place.  I'm not sure how much easier removing it would make the job but others may have a different opinion.
Ed Kutney
1986 C34
S/V Grace #42 shoal keel
Universal M-25
Magothy River
Severna Park, MD

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Noah

Leaving it in place gives you somewhere to set your tools and parts.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

ewengstrom

I removed ours on our 88 and it wasn't too difficult. There is a row of bolts in the hanging locker and a few located in the bulkhead just below the main panel. There is also a knee that the whole assemble rests on that bolts thru the hanging locker that you'll want to remove. You can see all the bolt heads by raising the nav table lid and peering under the lip, they are all right there and easy to access.....the back side of the ones in the furthest reaches of the hanging locker may take some boat yoga to get to, unless you have nice long arms like me,  a handy first mate or deck hand to keep the bolt from spinning.
Eric Wengstrom
s/v Ohana
Colonial Beach, Virginia
1988 Catalina 34 MKI TR/WK
Hull #564
Universal M25XP
Rocna 15