WOT too low. Speed down significantly

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Hill

Guys : The 1st person to come up with a "for sure" coating that will keep barnacles off the running gear(especially the prop) will become a zillionaire!!! 
The US Navy has paint/coating, but not for commercial use.  A friend got some and painted his running gear (wearing a hazmat suit) and there were no barnacles or anything growing on the pilings for 10 slips on either side of his slip!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Jon W

FWIW - I just watched a sailing video where the guy was reviewing the anti-fouling he applied to his prop and prop shaft 18 months ago. After sailing from Florida up the East Coast, across the Atlantic, and having the boat sitting due to the lockdown, there was zero growth of any kind on his propeller and propeller shaft. The paint is a silicone paint called SeaJet Pellerclean. The US distributor is supposed to be CMP Coatings Inc in New ORleans, but couldn't find any information on their website.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

scgunner

Ron,

Well that sounds safe, wonder what would have happened if he'd painted the whole bottom! I thought I read something about the Navy either using or experimenting with some type of a low level sonic resonance to repel marine growth.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273