rocker switch

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulus

The light on my propane switch on the electrical panel no longer lights up.  The switch still works.  Does anyone have a used switch from an electrical panel that they replaced.
The switch is 13/16 by 5/16.  My panel is black if that is helpful.  Did anyone replace their electrical and keep the old one?  Catalina Direct is out of stock and will not have one available until this fall.  The one one is a simple off and on switch with a indicator light to the side of the switch will be their replacement.  No switch with the red light build into it.
Thanks for any help.
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

Noah

1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Paulus

I have found a replacement at Del City in Menomonee Falls, WI. 
Did include a pic.
Thanks
Cool Change 1989 #944

Ron Hill

Guys : Sometime in the 1989 production? Catalina Main Electrical panels changed from the larger rocker switches to the smaller ones - I don't have any measurements.

I found that the smaller switches were readily available, but only "Sea Dog" stocked the larger ones - lighted and unlighted.   :thumb:

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Craig Illman

You could also buy a little 12V LED panel light to wire in parrallel and leave the existing switch.

https://www.fisheriessupply.com/blue-sea-systems-12-or-24-volt-led-indicator-lights

Ron Hill

Guys : As Craig mentioned the small LED lights - I have one for each of my AC switches. 
I got tired of trying to see if the AC Outlets/Water heater/Battery Charger were ON or OFF.  Now when they are ON the LED next to them lights up!!   :thumb:

Radio Shack also has the colored "peanut size" LED lights!!

A thought

Ron, Apache #788

Paulus

Replaced my propane switch today with the one I purchased from Del City.  Thanks for all the ideas.
Note:  I had to replace my float switch this summer.  We went sailing in Northern Michigan.  Purchased a new one(SeaChoice) the only one available.  Today when I was working on the boat, I noticed that my house batteries were down.  They should not have been as the solar system easily keeps up.  Checked the float system and it had short circuited and fried.  I took it apart and noticed moisture and the inside was fried black. Replaced it.  :D (rule a matic)
Cool Change 1989 #944