raw water inlet/outlet

Previous topic - Next topic

mdidomenico

i can't seem to find a picture of which outlet is which on the raw water pump from before i took them off.  and apparently the pump direction is dependent on the spin of the engine, which i also don't know.  so when looking at the front of the engine is the upper or lower outlet connected to the HX?
1989 Cat34 #856, original m-25xp

KWKloeber

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ron Hill

mdid : Facing the engine the output hose should be the one that is most starboard.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Ed Shankle

MD,
If your set up is similar to mine, with a Ober pump, it would be the bottom barb to the HX. I forget what it looked like with Sherwood, may have been the same.

Regards,
Ed
Ed Shankle
Tail Wind #866 1989 m25xp
Salem, MA

Ron Hill

mdid : When you are working on the boat and dismantling items to change/replace things; I'd recommend that you take a picture first or sketch a diagram.
In the case of those two hoses on the raw water pump, I'd recommend that you change only one at a time. 
The same with electrical wiring!!  One wire at a time!!

Do the same with changing fuel filters, only change one at a time and then run the engine. So when there is a problem you know which one of the filters is the problem!!

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

mdidomenico

Quote from: Ron Hill on August 03, 2020, 02:41:07 PM
mdid : When you are working on the boat and dismantling items to change/replace things; I'd recommend that you take a picture first.

i absolutely do, i have hundreds (probably thousands) of pictures as i dismantled things and put them back together.  oddly enough i can't find a picture that has just the right angle that shows which hose went were.  chances are i have the picture, i just can't find it.  which is a whole other problem :)

1989 Cat34 #856, original m-25xp