Bow light wiring

Previous topic - Next topic

rmbrown

Can anyone tell me how the wiring for the bow light runs in the bow pulpit?  My PO rewired on the outside of the pulpit into the anchor locker and into the permanently open inspection port.   I'd like to correct it.

I can feel the bottoms of the front legs of the pulpit inside the inspection port and I feel the tips of screws?  The rear legs I can't access without pulling the bulkhead
Mike Brown
1993 C34 Tall Rig Wing Keel Mk 1.5
CTYP1251L293
Just Limin'
Universal M-35AC

Dave Spencer

Hi Mike,
I just checked the bow nav light wiring by opening the inspection port. The wire runs up the forward port side upright. Not the aft one. It will be a good trick to fish wire through there but, with perseverance, I'm sure it can be done. Our hull numbers are close so hopefully that's how yours was originally run too.
Dave Spencer
C34 #1279  "Good Idea"
Mk 1.5, Std Rig, Wing Keel, M35A Engine
Boat - Midland, Ontario (formerly Lion's Head)
People - London, Ontario

Ron Hill

Mike : I had to cut a 4" hole for a Beckson port on the port side of the anchor well.  Just inside were the bow light wires!!  :D
I'm sure that the MKII is the same.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Dave Spencer

Ron,
On my Mk1.5, there is a Beckson Port In the anchor locker on the bow bulkhead allowing access to the wires. The port stanchion (the forward most vertical on the pulpit) has a hole in the deck to allow the wires to run inside the pulpit.
Dave Spencer
C34 #1279  "Good Idea"
Mk 1.5, Std Rig, Wing Keel, M35A Engine
Boat - Midland, Ontario (formerly Lion's Head)
People - London, Ontario

Ron Hill

Dave : I had to cut in that EXTRA Beckson ports (on both sides) to install additional cleats!  1986 thru 1988 C34s only came with a single 8" cleat in the center!!

All C34s have the port in the bow.

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

rmbrown

I'll check again later today but I swear there's no hole for wiring under my port forward pulpit leg!
Mike Brown
1993 C34 Tall Rig Wing Keel Mk 1.5
CTYP1251L293
Just Limin'
Universal M-35AC