size of the slide for the mainsail clew

Previous topic - Next topic

glennd3

I need to replace the slide that goes in the boom and attaches to the clew. Does anyone know the size?
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

Dave Spencer

It's shown on P25 of the Mk1.5 manual. Figure 4.1.4 Detail B. The clew slug is 1/2" diameter and 3 1/4" long. Height from the base of the slide to the top of the loop is 1 1/4".

Dave Spencer
C34 #1279  "Good Idea"
Mk 1.5, Std Rig, Wing Keel, M35A Engine
Boat - Midland, Ontario (formerly Lion's Head)
People - London, Ontario

glennd3

Does anyone know where I may be able to source this slide. I have been trying some local stores in Annapolis and places on line without much results.
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

Jim Hardesty

Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

ewengstrom

Fawcett's in Annapolis doesn't have it???????? That seems odd, pretty sure they're on the right side of the store as you come in, first isle and on the left side of the isle. But I'm just going off a pretty poor remembery. I do remember seeing sail slugs in their store :D
If not there then look into West Marine down by Herrington Harbor North in Deale, Md. They absolutely cater to sailors there and I've found their inventory to be better than other WM stores in the area.
Eric Wengstrom
s/v Ohana
Colonial Beach, Virginia
1988 Catalina 34 MKI TR/WK
Hull #564
Universal M25XP
Rocna 15

glennd3

I was in fawcetts yesterday, they have slugs for the mast. Nothing like the size I need. Not to pick on them but back in the day a trip to Fawcetts downtown was like Christmas but I don't feel the same about them now although still a nice store. Thank you for the recommendations.

Quote from: ewengstrom on July 07, 2020, 03:40:05 AM
Fawcett's in Annapolis doesn't have it???????? That seems odd, pretty sure they're on the right side of the store as you come in, first isle and on the left side of the isle. But I'm just going off a pretty poor remembery. I do remember seeing sail slugs in their store :D
If not there then look into West Marine down by Herrington Harbor North in Deale, Md. They absolutely cater to sailors there and I've found their inventory to be better than other WM stores in the area.
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

ewengstrom

I do miss Fawcett's location on Ego Alley, the staff was top notch and the selection deep!!!! They still carry a good depth of product but it's nothing like it once was, I would have thought of them right off the bat. Sailrite was also mentioned but I just hate paying their freight rates, it's always high....but then you can find just about anything there too.
Always a trade off... :D
Eric Wengstrom
s/v Ohana
Colonial Beach, Virginia
1988 Catalina 34 MKI TR/WK
Hull #564
Universal M25XP
Rocna 15